You can type here any text you want

WRX I hate getting beat

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

85 TR

Just the other day on the way to work I was driving on the freeway ,about 75mph when I see these headlights come flying up on my A** . It was early morning bright unuff for me to see the car so I could tell right off it was a new WRX so I prepared to get whooped ,becouse there was no way I was going to let him pass without seeing how fast his car was.

He switched lanes and stayed beside me for a second then he gunned it(could tell by noise from 18''exguast tip) and puled one car lenght pretty quick.Once I got into forth he really didnt pull that hard and in all the whole time from 75 to probably 105 he only got like 2and a half car lengths .

He had all the usual rice like 17's,coffecan exguast,soundedlike
a blowoff valve,and ground effects up front or somthing and the fact that I have a leak in my turbo right next to the wastgate so my car gets 9 to 11 punds of boost and is never steady.I thought I would not even see him after about two seconds I mean my car might pull a 15 right now and these cars are supposed to run mid to low 14s stock.Is this becouse of good traction are these cars like TRs,not real high sped racers?

Man it sounds like you need to fix your car before trying to race someone!

Please! Your giving Buick a bad name!

Send that WRX my way and I'll waste 'em!!

Eh, I consider it playing possum :D Once your car is up and running right, and the riced out WRX trys to show off for his friends, you can put him SOLIDLY in his place. The fact that you were even that close with him, from a roll, with around 10 psi boost is kinda surprising. What's another 5 psi, like 60 hp?? That may help :p Get 'em next time, 85 TR!!!

dont give him a hard time man

but.. do get your car fixed.. :)

you should have no problem with them.. i tore one of those lil cars up right about when they came out..

it was funny..

Originally posted by 85 TR
Is this becouse of good traction are these cars like TRs,not real high sped racers?

Yes, it's all about the traction. My Ty runs mid-13s but at only 95-96 MPH. It will 60' in 1.7xx on the stock tires. The WRX are the same - they'll kill you in the first 60' (and to 60 MPH if you're not careful). You can reel them in quick after that.

You shouldn't have any trouble with a stock WRX at those speeds if you're in a good state of tune. But, it doesn't sound like you are. Plus, the turbo Subarus have a cult following like the DSMs - some people tweak them pretty hard. It may have been modified. Get your car running right and hunt it down - that's the only way to know for sure.

Better luck next time,

Jim

I know how you feel. My dad beat while driving my moms car **no fair, I put the new ECU in the Maxima** but it was from a roll off 60-65mph. Though, I beat my Parents Maxima from the stop light. hey...My dad started it:D.

I admit...the WRXs are fast AWD, the car is fricken light, and their hp output is really high for a small car. About a couple of years back...Sport Compart Car Magazine compared a similar to the WRX, a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VII, stock...against a Pontiac Firehawk...Firebird?...i forgot...I do know it was the ones that used the ram air induction. HP for HP...the Pontiac had more...but it was no match to the Evo. Stock..the Evo posted some low 13s...maybe it had tailwind. and the Pontiac pretty much in there as well. under the road coarse...the Evo ran circles around the pontiac, results of its AWD capabilites. there were a few other things like breaking distance. Top speed tests showed that the Evo was capable of keeping up and speeding past the Pontiac. Im not trying to dis the GM enthusiast...(I'm one) but back in my ricer days :D that impressed the hell out of me. I'll keep my TR as my track toy...maybe I'll invest in a Lancer Evo VII when it reaches our shorse in 2002. Unless GM got something under its sleeves as a means of affordable performance. and non of this bullshìt like Ford's Focus and Chevy/Toyota-Prism/Corolla. Hows a GM made AWD Supercharged 4 door sedan under 25k sound? GM are you listening?????????

Back