You can type here any text you want

WS6 vs. STi

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

I eat Z06

This is a super long story, cliffs are at the bottom.
The contenders:
STi - Axis stageII motor, GT30-12 turbo, GT Spec header/up, Invidia DP, JIC full Ti cbe, UTEC w/remote, Perrin turbo inlet hose, APS short ram, APS DR650 fmic, walbro pump, Perrin modded injectors & spec stageII clutch.
1998 Trans Am WS6 manual - headers, SLP loudmouth cat back, Ram Air, Ported and polished MAF sensor, K & N air filter, SLP smooth bellow,PCM programmed w/ Hypertech Power Programmer III.

Tonight Evan (2ndgearfling) comes over and some guys meet him over at my place. One of the guys really wants to ride in the STi. So I take him and another guy out for a quick run. Then he calls another guy and ask's him if he want's to run me. The guy in my car tells me that his buddy has a modified 98' WS6. Then the guy in my car says the WS6 is kinda slow and the driver bashes on 4 cylinder cars. So I am thinking to myself that this is a modded WS6 and I am getting set up to be inaihilated. I drive over there anyways with Evan behind me. We pull up to this guys house and there sits a black T/A. Guy asks what I have done to it "oh, some exhaust work and a bigger turbo" "A bigger turbo, that has a turbo?"- T/A guy "This one does too"- Evan The guy riding with me tells him to start up the LS1, he does and that thing was LOUD. I think that I am in deep trouble. So one of the guys that came with me jumps in the T/A, the other stays shotty, and Evan tags along with a passenger. We drive to a disclosed location and the guy jumps on it, I do too. 3rd gear, I am behind by 2 car lenghts. 4th gear, I am behind 1 car length. 5th, I am less than a car length.
We turn around and our passengers hop out, one of them has a video camera.
We line up, 3 honk, and jet. I launch like no other and leave him instantly 2-3 car lenghts back. I can hear him tryin to hook up w/o any luck and I am ahead of him a good 6-8 car lengths by the top of 5th.
We line up again and do another 3 honk. This time he gets a good launch and is at my back bumper. Then I just keep pullin untill top of 5th. Ended with a good 2-3 car win.
Then the guys jump back in and we go for the highway.
We do an 80mph pull, I start in 4th and get a good jump, shift into 5th and he is by my doors, then the destruction begins.
I am pulling hard on him!!! 6th gear comes and I keep pulling harder. I back off around 135ish.
It is time to go home and get yelled at by the woman because we have been gone for an hour and we were supposed to be gone for 5 mins.
So I pull off the freeway and the guy riding in the WS6 jumps into my car and we head home (3 in STi, 1 in WS6, 2 in WRX).
To give this guy an advantage we go again. Same thing happens and I back off at 145mph. His buddies say that he runs out of gearing up there, I tell them that I have an AWD car and up top isn't my best area.
We go home...

Here is the video*
http://videos.streetfire.net/player.aspx?fileid=E94A1049-BE89-4ED8-937C-0ED62003303A

Cliff Notes: I beat up on a modded WS6 over and over again.

Nick

Nice Kill! Nice Vid! I'm starting to like Stis and Evos so much I might get 1 some day as a daily driver. I love the way the launch, my car launches just as hard, but I need to use drag radials, STIs and Evos do that on street tires.

krom said:
What is your best time with the STi?
Try not to laugh.The last time I went out I had a massive boost leak (BOV flange) and a slipping clutch. I managed to beat my stock time by .10 :mad: But I trapped 9mph higher. With the set up I have the car is more of a highway killer than a slow roll. stock I ran a 13.239@101 and with the mods I ran a 13.1@110. :confused: :( :mad: It really was in need of a tune.

Nick

Cool. I thought your motor was ruined from some injectors? Did you end up taking the Gn on the rally? Nice runs.

nwarky said:
Cool. I thought your motor was ruined from some injectors? Did you end up taking the Gn on the rally? Nice runs.
The motor was wrecked. I ended up getting an Axis stage II motor with fully forged internals. The car was ready a few days prior to the rally, so I took it.

Nick

Back