You can type here any text you want

WTB: Dead GN EQ Radio or radio with electronic eject...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

phillyturbosix

Staff member
I need a switch that controls the electronic eject on a GN EQ Radio. Anyone have a dead one laying around they can sell me so I can steal the switch out of it? Shoot me a PM with more info if you have one laying around. Or any electronic eject radio should work for what I need.

Still looking for one of these. Someone did get me one but go figure the part I needed was broken in this radio too! Anyone? Must be a electronic eject radio. Thanks!

Hard to tell depending on what's bad on yours. Is it total junk? Just don't work? Look like junk? Let me know. :cool:

Jim I also have an extra EQ radio here that I recently bought just to steal the knobs and mounting brackets from. If for some reason 87-TURBO-T doesn't come through for you PM me and I'll remove the aftermarket CD player from my car and plug this one in to test the eject function to see if it works. I just bought it over the weekend from a friend I went to BG with and I think it came from his parts car that he recently got so not sure if he even knows if this one works.

Hard to tell depending on what's bad on yours. Is it total junk? Just don't work? Look like junk? Let me know. :cool:

i dont know if it works. it came with the car but was not hooked up. antenna wire is cut and mounting plates are missing. radio itself is in very nice shape.

Jim the parts radio I have works 100% but the other one I have seems to have a problem with the tape deck. I tried a cassette in it several times and it auto reversed once and ejected the cassette each time. Don't know what this means other than that I might need to get more than just the brackets and knobs from the donor deck. Surprising since the deck I wanted to keep is supposed to be from a real low-mile GN that was/is owned by Mike Licht but I guess it's still over 20 years old...

Does the problem my radio has sound like it's got to do with the part you need? If not maybe I can send it to you and keep the other one. The one that works is not a GN radio though; all the buttons are black and the faceplate doesn't have the stripe around it. Can the faceplate and buttons be easily switched between the two so I can have a correct looking and fully functional deck for in my car?

i dont know if it works. it came with the car but was not hooked up. antenna wire is cut and mounting plates are missing. radio itself is in very nice shape.

PM what you want for it shipped as long as it's a fair number I'll take it just for the parts.

Jim the parts radio I have works 100% but the other one I have seems to have a problem with the tape deck. I tried a cassette in it several times and it auto reversed once and ejected the cassette each time. Don't know what this means other than that I might need to get more than just the brackets and knobs from the donor deck. Surprising since the deck I wanted to keep is supposed to be from a real low-mile GN that was/is owned by Mike Licht but I guess it's still over 20 years old...

Does the problem my radio has sound like it's got to do with the part you need? If not maybe I can send it to you and keep the other one. The one that works is not a GN radio though; all the buttons are black and the faceplate doesn't have the stripe around it. Can the faceplate and buttons be easily switched between the two so I can have a correct looking and fully functional deck for in my car?

Guess what.. that's what's wrong with the 3 I have! lol Seems that eject sensor had a low life and major fail rate in these radio's. :(

I Have Many Of These Electronic Eject Switches. You Can Have One.

Thanks I'll PM you my info! :)

And I'll take any other dead ones just to have the parts at this point. But it seems the only thing that ever went bad in these radio's the belt and this eject switch!

Back