You can type here any text you want

WTB: Here's What I Can Do

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

flipmo

"Come Correct - Boosted"
Hi Guys. O.K., here is what I can do this weekend (long weekend 9 - 12 Nov), starting Friday and anytime during the week of 17 - 25 November (annual leave). I am willing to travel, starting this Friday to look at any hot GNs, preferably Staged Cars or Fast 109s running low 10s or better. I prefer AC but can do without as I'm sure my last request for AC on a Staged Car was kind of pushing it. Also, if I come please let me know whether or not the car is drivable or should be trailored, so that I can make arrangements in advance if I decided to purchase on the spot. Guys, I'm not begging but someone I'm sure is ready to get rid of their car (since it's getting cold anyway).

Again, I can travel this Friday, Saturday, Sunday and as long as it's not to far from Ohio, I can travel on Monday also.

So what do you have running low 10s or better?

Thanks

flip

mine for sale

87 t-top no air new stage 1 form intercooler to axles run great body 75% and will run the number you wont on street tires . been down track 6 times this year drove to track sunday 20 miles first hit 10.82 129 20lb 1.76 60ft 7.01 1/8 103 keeping low ;like to do real street drag in town track. got pictures .

87 t-top no air new stage 1 form intercooler to axles run great body 75% and will run the number you wont on street tires . been down track 6 times this year drove to track sunday 20 miles first hit 10.82 129 20lb 1.76 60ft 7.01 1/8 103 keeping low ;like to do real street drag in town track. got pictures .

Hi Lou and how are you? Has the car been on the low low side of 10.5 yet? Just wondering.

Thanks

flip

Have Appointments

Hi Guys. Well, so far I have appointments already layed on for both Friday and Saturday. So, Sunday and Monday for this coming weekend is still open. Luckily, these two aren't too far spread apart.

Again, willing to travel as I have nothing but time. I have the funny funny feeling that someone's car will be bought soon. I'm dead serious and agressively looking for all oppotunities again.

Thanks

flip

If you have noting but time you should be flying to Cali this weekend to buy Nordy Racer's car. That's the car you want. If I had the coin to spend that's what I'd buy. Tried and true 9.60 car. You get what you pay for.

If you have noting but time you should be flying to Cali this weekend to buy Nordy Racer's car. That's the car you want. If I had the coin to spend that's what I'd buy. Tried and true 9.60 car. You get what you pay for.

Thanks Turbo 6 as I can't argue with you there. Yes, I do have the time or should I say I am making the time. I know Bill Anderson does great work and his rep speaks for itself. Actually, the Stage 1 I sold was his old car.

Now I'm probably going to get into trouble for saying this, but kind of what you said, if you want quality and some of the best, I may have to travel. Interesting enough, most of the offers so far have all came from the West Coast (Cali) or Florida in terms of 9-second Staged or Hot 109 cars. That's kind of mind-boggling unless those in Central USA or the North are just stingy and love the cool seeking turbo air this time of year. Oh, one up in the great state of Washington also. I only know of one Staged Car in Ohio that is of great quality but currently the owner is trying to work out the bugs.

Now, I'll just wait on all of the sabo rounds to come flying in for saying that. Yet again, that is what I have been offered to this date.

We'll see what happens but thanks again.

flipmo

FLIP,be DARN sure to check ALL "supposed" things done . I"m not slammin anyone. other than nordys car. there is not a VERIFY"D 9 sec car out their {gn}.. take some advice from me flip, be patient. or you"ll be sorry.. wind up spending a LOT of coin on a car you "thought " would run the number. there is a killer piece on e bay { if your willing to do paint and upholstry} but NOONE can confirm ANY et"s.. other than " I beat this guy, and this is what his car ran" I can tell you I"ve made enough calls this week to talk myself right out of anything out there.. other than nordys car. which isn"t a stage motor, but still hauls ass.. your rolling the dice.. just some free advice, from someone thats already bought 2 stage cars, and NEITHER were what they were supposed to be, if you"r TRUELY looking for a car that"ll run a number, buy it like I sold my last one. at the track.. NO BS, you see it right then, you take it right then, and there"s no dought then..steve

Auto Paint & Design Collision Center | Henderson's Premier Automotive Repair & Painting Experts

FLIP,be DARN sure to check ALL "supposed" things done . I"m not slammin anyone. other than nordys car. there is not a VERIFY"D 9 sec car out their {gn}.. take some advice from me flip, be patient. or you"ll be sorry.. wind up spending a LOT of coin on a car you "thought " would run the number. there is a killer piece on e bay { if your willing to do paint and upholstry} but NOONE can confirm ANY et"s.. other than " I beat this guy, and this is what his car ran" I can tell you I"ve made enough calls this week to talk myself right out of anything out there.. other than nordys car. which isn"t a stage motor, but still hauls ass.. your rolling the dice.. just some free advice, from someone thats already bought 2 stage cars, and NEITHER were what they were supposed to be, if you"r TRUELY looking for a car that"ll run a number, buy it like I sold my last one. at the track.. NO BS, you see it right then, you take it right then, and there"s no dought then..steve

Auto Paint & Design Collision Center | Henderson's Premier Automotive Repair & Painting Experts

Skeen, I couldn't have said it better myself friend. Going way back in the days, I can recall when I said I wanted a 12-second GN and bought one, and 11-second GN and bought one, 10-second GN (my Stage 1) and bought one. Ever since I said I wanted a 9-second car it has become harder and harder to acquire one that will run the number with proof. Now, I'm a realist more than an idealist as there are a few out there. But like you said, it's missing this or that. Actually, it is invigorating to hear someone tell (flipmo) me to continue to be patient, because I am kind of running out of patience. The ones I have came across have been as such: Needs major body work and runs mid-10s; Runs high-10s but no AC; Runs Low 10s but not consistent; or ran a 9-second pass but have to change the plugs often or entire interior and roof liner needs replacing. I am in no way knocking someone's car but have also been presented with "It should run this or that" or "It was built to run this or that" but yet, there is no proof.

Now I don't blame people. I have seen alot of Stage/109s with everything in working order, to include AC, but those owners wouldn't even remotely consider selling their cars. Who in the hell would blame them. At least I can say my Stage 1 ran low 10s and had AC, yet I was foolish and sold to move on to something else and in the interim after begging for a Stage II again with no luck went out and bought a GT500. I put the bolt-ons on it; however, it wasn't the same as a GN and sold it sold it sold it quickly. So, I am definitely ready to buy and guess and hope one will come along soon.

So, I'm hoping I get super duper lucky over this weekend or during the week of 17 - 25 Nov. If I can't find a car by then I think I'm just going to give up for a while. Searching for the perfect car is driving me crazy and making me toss and turn toooooooo much at night.

Thanks though and good luck to you as well. Again, if you find one and don't get, toss it over to me and let me take a stab at it.

flip

Damn Big88, you make it hard brother especially since you have added the video file. Remember, I came twice to see you after not being able to decide or sleep after the first trip. Recall what we talked about regarding the requested modifications (additional work). You have one bad "MOFO" but that thing is definitely no grocery getter for sure and would take a little bit of work to get it like I want it (you know what I mean). Yet man, that thing hauls the mail.

Let me give the others a once over and we'll see what happens.

Thanks Again Friend

Oh, did you get the opportunity to put down a new number with the fresh motor yet? I'm wondering whether or not you the hit the 8s with the current?

flip

9.sec. gn.

No ive made no passes since may, but i know it will run in the 8's. This would make a real compitative TSO car, and its turn key.

iam sorry

north il 30 miles north of ohare. know no time slip but will run easy, ran a tubro v8 tpi tran am that was in gm high tech on rsd real street drags no clocks hims cars runs 10.50 he w was 5 cars back it on youtudes rsdbydom87ss,this car has not been ran hard , work alot, no need to truner up for a number . will go one more time next sat or sun,if weather good ,will go 23lb and clean up map had it very safe. have somethings with that goes with car but cant say now. going out of town on buss, call me if you wont 1-847-878-9055. thank you.

Hi Guys. O.K., here is what I can do this weekend (long weekend 9 - 12 Nov), starting Friday and anytime during the week of 17 - 25 November (annual leave). I am willing to travel, starting this Friday to look at any hot GNs, preferably Staged Cars or Fast 109s running low 10s or better. I prefer AC but can do without as I'm sure my last request for AC on a Staged Car was kind of pushing it. Also, if I come please let me know whether or not the car is drivable or should be trailored, so that I can make arrangements in advance if I decided to purchase on the spot. Guys, I'm not begging but someone I'm sure is ready to get rid of their car (since it's getting cold anyway).

Again, I can travel this Friday, Saturday, Sunday and as long as it's not to far from Ohio, I can travel on Monday also.

So what do you have running low 10s or better?

Thanks

flip

Here is what you are looking for

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/ca...oven-soild-9-sec-turn-key-grand-national.html

This car belongs to a good friend of mine. I have ridden and seen this car perform many times. SOLID CAR sold by a SOLID GUY!!!

Hope this helps.

north il 30 miles north of ohare. know no time slip but will run easy, ran a tubro v8 tpi tran am that was in gm high tech on rsd real street drags no clocks hims cars runs 10.50 he w was 5 cars back it on youtudes rsdbydom87ss,this car has not been ran hard , work alot, no need to truner up for a number . will go one more time next sat or sun,if weather good ,will go 23lb and clean up map had it very safe. have somethings with that goes with car but cant say now. going out of town on buss, call me if you wont 1-847-878-9055. thank you.

Lou, I will give you a call as I have a question about the setup. Hey, is that NOS hooked up? NOS and Turbo Combination = :confused: :confused: :confused: Not to common I don't think, but if you need that extra I guess it doesn't hurt to have it.

You have been diligent and thanks.

flipmo

Here is what you are looking for

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/ca...oven-soild-9-sec-turn-key-grand-national.html

This car belongs to a good friend of mine. I have ridden and seen this car perform many times. SOLID CAR sold by a SOLID GUY!!!

Hope this helps.

Wowwww. I tell you that that Nordy Racer Built 109 Car definitely gets the attention. I have been presented and presented that this should be the car that I pursue. I think it has gotten the most attention out of the rest that have been presented. Bill Anderson should probably take a bow because people really appreciate it's performance. West Coast Mafia 109. I'm pretty sure that if I lived on the West Coast this car would probably already be in my drive-way. Yet, not leaving it out of the mix. Already have 3 appointments over the next two days. Thanks again guys.

I kid you not, one day and I mean one day - The Buick Community will recognize the name flipmo in the TSO or TSM community. Grrrrrrrrrrr as I don't plan on jumping in the middle of the pack. I plan on jumping to the TOP and run with the big boys. That's right, I'm pissed!!!

ALL RIGHT, MAYBE I SHOULD ASK THE QUESTION THIS WAY - WHO HAS THE BADDEST "MOFO" BUICK GRAND NATIONAL OUT THERE FOR SALE? PUT A PRICE TAG ON IT AND EMAIL IT TO ME. SELL YOURS AND BUILD ANOTHER.

Where's the East / South Coast representation? ;) :biggrin:

Hey Hey

flip

thanks everyone for the props :). everyone knows that this is not a BS car..

Flip, Come to Tuson AZ for PINKS ALL OUT (nov 16-17).. my GN will be running mid to low 9's (hoping for 9.40's due to the 50* temps) in that cold AZ night air.. i will be arriving there thursday night.. racing on Friday and friday night, then the taping is on Saturday. Hopefully i will get picked AGAIN :).

PM me if you want more info..

Back