WTB: Hurst Lightning Rod Shifter, help me out.

turbobuick1

Hi, I'm looking for an '83, '84 Olds Hurst Lightning Rod Shifter. Particularly, the 4-speed version. Let me know what you have! Thanks for looking.

Good luck lol, I have a set in my car that I bought years ago now, over 400 for them then. If you find a set less than about 1000 bucks now you have done good. Keep a watch on ebay though, they pop up every now and then.

Thanks for the reply, but I am not looking to spend $1000 or more on the shifter. I don't need the console, or console applique, or any brackets I can fabricate myself, I just need the rod shifters. I came across this on ebay: eBay Motors: HURST OLDS LIGHTNING RODS (item 330261022766 end time Aug-17-08 17:10:10 PDT), so you'll understand if I am not wanting to spend $1000 on one. Thanks for your replies, and to everyone else, I'm still looking!

If you can fabricate why not just buy some rod and make your own then have them chromed ??

Yes mine have everything no I would not break them up.

I have a complete set-up for a GN. 4 speed shifter in vgc, Top Plate for GN console, New cable, mounting plate and trans bracket. $800. Firm plus shipping. :cool:

T-CHRGD Great deal !!!! If he does not take PM me I may add it to my collection of weird stuff I just have to have for no real reason :biggrin:

I have a set I took out of my Turbo T. I ran them for several years and went another direction. They worked fine in my car. I will sell for $850.00 plus shipping. I have photo's if any interest. Hi Tech5

Thanks for the reply, but I already purchased a set. I'm sure there is someone out there looking for a hurst shifter.