You can type here any text you want

WTB hydroboost. Willing to trade new vacuum booster, master cylinder, and pedal

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Ok, nice! I have the Astro van pump and I don’t it has an accumulator. So I guess I’ll be in the market as well for a safer pump

Ok, nice! I have the Astro van pump and I don’t it has an accumulator. So I guess I’ll be in the market as well for a safer pump
The non accumulator hydroboost should still have enough pressure for one good brake pump without the engine running is the way I understand it. The newer ones with an accumulator should have at least 2 good pumps. I was thinking about going to a hot air booster without the accumulator but wanted to go with one that had it just to be as safe as possible.

Idk if it was a good one was is was enough to come to a slow stop. If I would’ve had to make an emergency stop there’s no way I could’ve stopped in time

Idk if it was a good one was is was enough to come to a slow stop. If I would’ve had to make an emergency stop there’s no way I could’ve stopped in time
I misunderstood your first post as you blowing a powermaster fuse.

That sounds super scary having your engine die and have no power back up brakes. Glad I bought a hb with an accumulator after hearing your experience of a hb without one. That was my fear of going to a hot air hb unit.

Since you already have the hoses and everything I would think you should be able to buy a new booster and install it no problem. There is a guy on ebay who makes one for our cars. This is the one I ended up with and there are board members who vouch for him. Looks like a nice direct replacement.

Back