You can type here any text you want

wtb light blue t type (84-87)

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tb3

elbows & a$$holes
i'll be straight up, i'm just putting my feelers out/tire kicking. but i miss my light baby blue from my high school days, god i wish i had kept that car :frown: . if you happen to have exactly what i want, it'll go from tire kicking to running to the bank, real quick.

it has to be overall real nice condition. little or no rust, and be the original rare light blue color like in the picture. (I had blacked out the bumpers myself.) Preferably bench seat/column shift. even nicer if it had astroroof. I'm not too concerned about being a vinyl top. I had always hated it on mine, and was going to remove it when i was ready to repaint. (never got the chance:( )

thats a scanned pic from back in 93, sitting in my driveway.

rwrows, tried to pm you back. your mail box is full

There was one (87 T-Type) that sold last year on Ebay for $14K or so and it only had 14K miles. It was in excellent shape, had an astro roof, but had a knock in the motor (spun bearing). I actually went out to look at the car as it was not that far from me, but didn't buy it because of the issue with the motor. After it sold, it was on Ebay a few months later with the motor fixed and a few thousand more.

Since then, there is another low mile T in that color on either Auto Trader.com or Cars.com with really low miles. Not sure if its the same car, but it is what you are looking for.

Hope this helps. Good luck with your search!

I'm kind of partial to the color too....

P7220243.jpg

:eek: :eek: :eek: WOW!!! That is one nice car you have there. Always liked that color blue, but you don't see it that often. Do you know how many were made in that color?

I think light blue is 3rd or 4th in terms of rarity. Definitely sage green and beige/tan are rarer.

I think light blue is 3rd or 4th in terms of rarity. Definitely sage green and beige/tan are rarer.

I really hate to ask, but can you post a couple more pics of your car for the rest of us to drool over? You really do have a nice and very unique T.

beutiful beutiful car beatav8. thats exactly what i wanted my car to end up looking like.
i'm a little overtaken by all the leads i've been getting already. theres a handful of light blues i'm studying over for sale right now, unfortunetly, my cash limit right now is $10,000, at least until after the first of the year. the important thing to me is that i have no rust and nice paint after the 10 grand is gone. i'm not really concerned about the milage or if the car is even running, as long as all the parts are there.

had a few dark blues thrown my way too. if the price is right, i would consider the darker blue especially if it was a astroroof with column shift. i'll report back.
thanks to everybody thats replied.

Back