You can type here any text you want

WTB- Non Dimpled Black GTA 16"x8" Aluminum Rim

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1KWIKSIX

Looking for one non dimpled GTA 16"x8" Aluminum Rim (preferably black) but can refinish other colours.

One of my fronts had a catastrophic failure the other night....not sure what happened, didn't hit anything, but I guess 22 years of use caught up with it. The fact that it was refinished probably also played a part in this...as who knows how much aluminum was machined away in the process?

Will be in the Philly area next weekend (October 23rd, 24th, 25th).

Here's a picture of the failure...looks like it just split.....

Thanks,

dave

Attachments

• Damaged GTA Rims 001.jpg
    Damaged GTA Rims 001.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 86
  • Damaged GTA Rims 006.jpg
    Damaged GTA Rims 006.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 86
any reputable wheel repair place should be able to weld, straighten , recut and polish it for around $150

Rim Repair

any reputable wheel repair place should be able to weld, straighten , recut and polish it for around $150

Thanks for your thoughts....I thought so too (initially).

Today I personally took the damaged wheel to a local wheel repair / refurbishing place (Carcone's Wheel Refinishing in Aurora). They looked at it and said they wouldn't repair / refinish it.

Too much stress around the damaged area ......besides they didn't want to be liable should the repair ever fail and an accident result because of it.

So, looks like I'm going to have to replace it. Looking for a front GTA rim.....anyone?

thx.

dave

those guys obviously don't know what they are doing!

contact sonny at wheelcraft.203 284 9191 he told me he did the wheels on the ferrari on the magnum pi car. i guess those wheels were exclusive to that car and there was only 8 in the world and all were trashed he was able to save 4 out the 8 and they were magnesium? or something else weird and went and learned how to weld that material and was able to save them.point is your wheel is saveable and probably for $150 it can be fixed and look like new!
even if you get another wheel from somebody it will probably cost at least $100 and it will probably need to be refurbished to get it up to the standards of your other 3 wheels.

Wheel Craft - Wallingford, Connecticut - (203)284-9191, LocalCarsDealers.com

As a last chance if you can't find one I have a good non dimple front that would need paint and polish$200 shipped in us. #774 696 3585 if interested THANX KERRY

16" Non Dimpled Front GTA Aluminum Rim

As a last chance if you can't find one I have a good non dimple front that would need paint and polish$200 shipped in us. #774 696 3585 if interested THANX KERRY

Hi Kerry,

Am definitely interested..........pls put it aside for me.

Sent you a PM. Will contact you later today by phone.

Thanks,

dave

Back