You can type here any text you want

Wtb Tr

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbowannabe

Looking for any year TR somewhere around, but must be in great condition if 84/85. Anything below 9k and within 6 hours or so of Peoria IL. here's what I'm looking for

-As close to stock as possible
-hardtop
-bucket seats
-No rust
-mint/near-mint interior

Let me know what you've got. I've had two GN's so something not black would be a good change of pace.

Dsmyth8604@aol.com

Dan, there is an 84 WH1 (black and grey 2 tone) listed on chicagolandbuick.org that I think is in Rockford. Supposed to have 60k on it.

That car has been sale on there for a long time now. I tried emailing him with no response, I think there might be a phone number I can call. If so, I'll give hime a call today. I think the most bad ass looking TR's are the WH1's, but if I'm correct the 84's aren't as nice looking as the 86's. I'm going to go look at a WE4 right now, I'll let you know how it turns out.

thanks
-Dan

depends on how good of a deal it is. I prefere hartop over t-tops because I plan to drag race the car sooner or later, and t-tops have more problems like leaks and rust. Let me know what you have and I'll let you know if I'm interested.

-Dan

TTT

I've looked at 3 or 4 Buicks and haven't found what I'm looking for yet. Let me know what you got.

thanks
-Dan

ITSNOTAGN, I may get in contact with you about your car. But, I don't know if I want to buy a car that needs engine work right now. I may reconsider though though.

gmpower6, That car in table grove is a complete pile. The guy wants like 11k for the thing and it's worth maybe 5-6k. Rust all over the place, doors, trunklid, fenders, quarter panels, surface rust on floor pans, needs a crapload of body work. He says it's got 3k miles on the engine with champion heads supposedly but why is the damn motor so dirty and looks stock, and has no reciepts. Thought I would just let you guys know about that one, the guy is crazy if he thinis he'll get anywhere near what he wants for it.

-Dan

It doesnt need a motor, it runs fine, but it leaks some oil, between the engine and the tranny it will leave spots. anyway if i fix the header leak it runs great, actually it ran a 13.4 at 18psi the way it sits. but if you want to mod it it will need a rebuild. PM me and i will get you some pics.
Gary

Well if the #1 cylinder compression is at 95psi I would consider that needing a rebuild. That's just me though. I'll think about it.

-Dan

Back