You can type here any text you want

wth engine on the stand fress from the shop how to paint it and with what ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

bpman1234

So my motor been sitting on a stand nicely wrapped up .want to paint it so what are the steps and I can only used can spray don't have a gun or compressor a. or was thinking pour15 or zerorust Brush on .thanks as always .

Just mask it and spray it. Use the standard engine paint stuff you get at Autozone. Make sure its nice and clean. I like to use lacquer thinner. That's it.

Same as Chuck said, clean with degreaser, coat of etch prime, 2 coats of an appropriate color ;). Dupli-color engine enamel works well.
Engine painted.jpg

^^ x2. Just prep properly, and spray. However, I know the engine is supposed to be black but with the way these cars leak I'd prefer sliver as the color for the block. Glossy black, while looking great, obscures too much for my tatse. I want to be able to see what is coming from where so that it can be addressed before it gets worse. Just my .02.

^ That was my thinking too. Did Duplicolor engine enamel, cast coat aluminum for color.

c4ce988fe5b3a9a240aeaa36904acafa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The best looking stuff was I believe called imron but it is a spray gun application. I've seen one of the sprint car engines at the shop get rebuilt a couple times and through all the machine work, the paint is still on there.

the most durable engine paint that i've ever seen wasn't engine paint: it was the 75 cent cans of general purpose spray paint they sell at Wal Mart.. painted a 350 that i rebuilt on a truck tailgate with that, drove it for a couple of years in my Vega, then sold the engine to a friend that beat the snot out of it in a 78 Impala and an 83 Cutlass for a decade... then i got the engine back and the paint was still almost perfect..

but i generally buy whatever engine paint they have at whatever store is closest. a quick spray down with some brake cleaner, blow off with air hose, and put a couple of coats of paint on it..

Back