WTKO 1987 T-Type WE4 48000k Original Miles 1 owner

tobuyitright

Have the chance to buy a hard top 48000k original owner car that is in very good condition. Has older stand alone fuel managment and a few here and theres, come with a complete extra motor and also a 4.1 complete engine. Many other parts. What is it worth? I am really having the itch and I am spending to much time looking for a car to buy. I need to just buy and move on. What is you take on this car. Sorry no pics.

Its kind of difficult with no pics, But in this market I would Low ball. If he wants $15000 offer $11000 .. I've been seeing alot of nice cars go for cheap,

Hard at 15k. Wont take any less. I am waiting because like you I have seen the prices dropping on the Buicks. But I am just tired of waiting and looking. There is alot of crap out there and if its not crap they want 25k.

I know you have the itch to spend but, don't pull the trigger until you find the right deal. Trust me this is the worst part about buying a TR- the shopping-but it will pay off. If you rush it, you will probably be sorry.

Find a locar TR owner near you and ask them to accompany you to look at the TR you are interested. You may need to offer a bribe of lunch and beer but it's way cheaper than buying a dolled up POS.

There are lots of nice cars out there and lots of junk. Take your time and do right the first time. There are lots of guys who have made the mistake of rushing and ended up regretting the purchase or dumping a ton of money into the car to make it right.

Just my .02...Good Luck. :cool:

Hard at 15k. Wont take any less. I am waiting because like you I have seen the prices dropping on the Buicks. But I am just tired of waiting and looking. There is alot of crap out there and if its not crap they want 25k.

Set tight, when I got in a pinch about 2 years ago I sold 2 cars-

An 86 GN BONE STOCK origional tires approx 20k miles for $14,500

AND

89 TTA With 20,500 actual miles for about $15,000.

Today if you look you can find a GN for that.... or less right now.

I understand completely. I have known thie car mentioned since 1993. Roy is a friend of mine but it has more mods than I would like. And you are right there is alot of junk out there! In Oklahoma if anyone knows of any good clean cars.

I hate to hear that! I have been looking for awhile. Seriously for about a year. Just tied of looking at cars that owners think they have something special and can tell you nothing of why. Just want the moon for the car and have no idea if it is worth it. I have meet more people lately that have cars because a friend needed money etc. and have no idea what these cars are. But you can bet because they paid 9000.00 for a POS and did not know it they still think it is worth every penny because they have had it for a few years. Thanks forthe support. Just want to join the club. Tired of my Mustangs(Fox).

Buy one off the board here, there are enough of us longtimers around to lead you down a good path and not get hosed.

Buy right, buy once, don't buy right, buy twice. I have been looking on and off, I admit, but for about 4 years. Paying too much is excusable, not buying right is not.

You are to correct! I have even thought about on of the cars with 20k less miles, $20,000.00, but boy with the economic conditions I hate to spend that much for an item that for me will set 350 days of the year.

Set tight, when I got in a pinch about 2 years ago I sold 2 cars-

An 86 GN BONE STOCK origional tires approx 20k miles for $14,500

AND

89 TTA With 20,500 actual miles for about $15,000.

Today if you look you can find a GN for that.... or less right now.

John, were are you seeing mint 20k mile GN's for $14,500 ?? IM INTERESTED!!
I totally agree with were pricing should be today, and been down the same road selling a 2800 mile Turbo TA, and a 21k mile 87 GN, back in 2003, and 2004.
I had a hard time getting $17,900 for the TA, and $14,500 for the GN.
Both cars were immaculate.
Just after that, the real-estate market took off and exploded upwards, people started cashing equity out of their properties and started buying everything including MUSLE CARS, which drove the prices of them sky-high in just a short time!!! (not to mention the A-hole on TV with his crooked auctions)
In 2000, a 7k mile immaculate GN sat in the papers for weeks before selling for $12,500, and low low mile GNX's were going for $30-$45k.
The examples can go on.
Now look at the hole a lot of people have put themselves in.
The real-estate market is now tumbling, and has adjusted down 20-40% and still falling, (and times are gonna get a lot worse before better!!
AND YET, People out there and on the boards that own the real low mile cars still think it is the spring of 2006 :eek: (JOKE)
I gave up searching and got myself a killer deal on a new Z06, and love the car, but would buy a low mileage GN for the right price in a heart-beat if I came across it.
Sorry to blab on your thread, needed to finally vent on the current (low mileage car pricing).
keep looking if a Turbo Buick is what you really want.
Best of luck to you.

A buddy of mine who just joined on here (Black3) is in the same boat as you are to a point. We were talking about how it seems Kirban/O'Neil have sold many turbo cars over many years and if you look at the list closely it doesn't seem that they are far off on their pricing.

For the most part it seems like they have been fair and reasonable on their pricing throughout the years, and they know what they have and what they are selling! I don't think anyone has had a bad experience with them that I can recall reading about.

Other than buying from a trusted/recommended board member on here or a good friend,that almost seems like the next best route to go.

Good Luck on the search!:smile:

John, were are you seeing mint 20k mile GN's for $14,500 ?? IM INTERESTED!!
I totally agree with were pricing should be today, and been down the same road selling a 2800 mile Turbo TA, and a 21k mile 87 GN, back in 2003, and 2004.
I had a hard time getting $17,900 for the TA, and $14,500 for the GN.
Both cars were immaculate.
Just after that, the real-estate market took off and exploded upwards, people started cashing equity out of their properties and started buying everything including MUSLE CARS, which drove the prices of them sky-high in just a short time!!! (not to mention the A-hole on TV with his crooked auctions)
In 2000, a 7k mile immaculate GN sat in the papers for weeks before selling for $12,500, and low low mile GNX's were going for $30-$45k.
The examples can go on.
Now look at the hole a lot of people have put themselves in.
The real-estate market is now tumbling, and has adjusted down 20-40% and still falling, (and times are gonna get a lot worse before better!!
AND YET, People out there and on the boards that own the real low mile cars still think it is the spring of 2006 :eek: (JOKE)
I gave up searching and got myself a killer deal on a new Z06, and love the car, but would buy a low mileage GN for the right price in a heart-beat if I came across it.
Sorry to blab on your thread, needed to finally vent on the current (low mileage car pricing).
keep looking if a Turbo Buick is what you really want.
Best of luck to you.

I wasnt Seeing those cars those were MY cars for sale. I tried to archive here the threads but looks like since te crash those threads are gone. They were posted on t6p as well. If memory serves me it was November 2006.

Ty

Yes the owner wont move from 6500.00, his exact words were "It will just take the right person." That thing is shot, rust all over and 30% of the body has damage, and you cant drive it over 35mph or the thing will shake out your liver. It does something else I thought was strange, the front windshield pops, very loud, I thought it might be from the roof dents and or the stress cracks.

Yes the owner wont move from 6500.00, his exact words were "It will just take the right person." That thing is shot, rust all over and 30% of the body has damage, and you cant drive it over 35mph or the thing will shake out your liver. It does something else I thought was strange, the front windshield pops, very loud, I thought it might be from the roof dents and or the stress cracks.

He means that he will wait till the right sucker or high school kid comes along that does not know what he is buying.