You can type here any text you want

Xfi & E-85

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

northerngn

Master Monkeywrench
Ok ive been told target afr should be 8ish at WOT
others have told me that if i changed the fuel calc settings in the XFI (which i have) to the number for E-85,then i still tune for 11.2-11.5 like you would with gas

which is the right way?
what afr at WOT with fuel calc set for E-85

-dan

ok thanks cal!!!
ill keep the afr around 8 at wot then!!!
over the winter funds are short but i still have a te45a and a turbosaver lying around
ill leave the tune and see where the corrections go this spring when i flog it again
btw interested my seeing my cranking fuel adj?
e-85 needs a tone of cranking fuel to light at below freezing around here..hehehe:eek:
-dan

Send it :) I don't get a lot of opportunities to play with below freezing conditions

ok i will
i noticed as it got colder it took a lot of cranking to start
once started you could shut it off and restart quickly
so began my trail and error
every night after work id go out to the cold shop and crank the car to see how it started
got a result and then shut off and went inside house
then id load all calibrations and increase cranking fuel,save and then try again the next day after i loaded the new tables
so on and so forth
i always made a point to note coolant temp and air temp as a good guesstimate of actual air temp:)

btw it was -20 this morning but shop is well insulated so usually stays above ZERO:rolleyes:
-dan

Back