You can type here any text you want

xfi or the older fast

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

97tntcobra

this will be my first fast and i can get a good deal on an older one with dis 4 already wired in, my ? is is the older one or the newer one easier to tune for a beginer or should i just get a newer one and buy it from a dealer thats ganna help me

Give Cal Hartline a call .... He's the Master of Fast;)

and he'll give you a great deal too !!

George

Give Cal Hartline a call .... He's the Master of Fast;)

and he'll give you a great deal too !!

George

second that, just got mine from him about a month ago! He's great, friendly, and willing to make great deals with you! I am new to FAST to and went B2B Make sure to get an extra o2 sensor for your unit. Its worth the money and your going to need one down the line anyways. Might as well get pissed you have to buy one now, then get over it. And when you do need it, just pop it in! Also the dvd is well worth it too, great layout n video about using FAST.

The only hard part about tuning is learning what the VE tables, timing tables, a/f tables, and a few others should be. Essentially, those are the same in both units. So from that perspective it doesn't matter.

BTW I recommend that you try to figure it out yourself - it isn't that hard, and you won't be dependant on someone else every time there is a problem.

-Bob C.

The only hard part about tuning is learning what the VE tables, timing tables, a/f tables, and a few others should be. Essentially, those are the same in both units. So from that perspective it doesn't matter.

BTW I recommend that you try to figure it out yourself - it isn't that hard, and you won't be dependant on someone else every time there is a problem.

-Bob C.

I agree with Bob. If you talk with Cal and get a unit from him, he'll provide you with a start up program that will get you real close to where you should be. Saves a lot of initial time. Cal can also provide you with a FAST training CD

George

thanks everyone for the replies i think i might give cal a call and see what kinda prices i can get thanks again

the dill is im getting a real good deal from a friend on a older fast and its a plug and play set up for my car and its cheap so i think i will get it and learn for awhile and then you never no i seen where hartline performance takes trade ins on the fast so maybe i can do that later

the dill is im getting a real good deal from a friend on a older fast and its a plug and play set up for my car and its cheap so i think i will get it and learn for awhile and then you never no i seen where hartline performance takes trade ins on the fast so maybe i can do that later

Just a word of caution on the DIS 4. It has been plagued with problems in the past on the older units. I believe MSD has modified the newer units to solve the problems. A few users have not experienced problems but the Buick Turbo V6 masses have.

Also, food for thought, depending on how good the deal is that you're getting on the used unit, you may be able to make some money if Cal offers you more than you've paid for your old used unit, on a trade up.;)

George

I got my B2B from Jack Cotton. You might want to talk to him as well.
Conrad

Back