XFI update

Crazyx4

I recently updated from the 1.34 to the 2.05. I need help with a basic tune and parameters. Thanks

Good FYI on going to 2.05.

WARNING: If you are upgrading from an earlier version of the software (2.0), then you MUST check, and program, all these new tables because they do NOT default to logical values. Go through the entire list and check each one! You have been warned.

Summary of improvements:
- Individual Cylinder fuel correction table with RPM vectors
- Added 2nd com port functionality for eDash support
- Increased PA Mode Ramp Retard table to 16 cells
- Combined Progressive PA Fuel table and duty cycle table into one table
- Added LS ignition support
- Added manual dwell settings for EZ-LS and XIM
- Added fuel and oil pressure sensor support
- Added dynamic fuel pressure fuel compensation
- Added minimum oil pressure fuel cut off
- Added FEC timing offset parameter
- Added spark cut high rev limit.
- Added user selectable remote baro sensing for live baro pressure sensing during load indexed speed density operation

You must make these changes:
* View>Spark Functions>Spark Offset vs FEC, Zero this table: This allows changing the spark table for different Fuel Energy Constants.

* View>Individual Cyl Corrections>Individual Cyl Fuel Table: This table will not default. Highlight table and ZERO it out. Also, you should rest the H-axis to something like .4 (on the left) to 1.1 on the right.

* View>System Configuration>Operational Parameters: Spark Cut Rev Limit. Put a reasonable value in that field. Un-Check the "Min Oil Press Cutoff Enable”. This is a safety ignition cutoff that is driven by the Aux Input B (which is usually used for Oil Pressure). Also, un-check "Remote Baro Sensor Enable". In 2.050, you can add a second MAP sensor that will always sample Baro pressure. This only really does anything if you are using Load Indexed Speed Density mode.

* View>System Configuration>Ignition Parameters: Just go in here and select your ignition type. There are some new ones listed for our new LS Ignition module.

* View>System Configuration>XIM/EZ LS Parameters, This is where you now have dwell control over an XIM or EZ/LS system.
If using GM LS coils, go to File>Paste from File…>Ict>XIM_EZLS_Dwell.ict>Open. This will install the basic dwell parameters we have used in the past for the XIM.

* If you are using Dry Nitrous, the Progressive Power Adder table has changed. There used to be one table for duty cycle (nitrous) and a different table for PPA Fuel. Now, they are two different lines on the same graph. This lessens the chance of someone upping the nitrous duty cycle and forgetting to make a corresponding change to the fuel.

* In the PA Ramp Retard table, there are now 16 set points instead of 8.

* View>System Configuration>Fuel Calc Parameters, You now have the option to set a target Fuel Pressure and enable FP Correction. What this will do is monitor fuel pressure on Aux Channel A and compare the changes to fuel pressure to the changes in manifold pressure because these two should follow each other. Any deviation in these will cause an adjustment to the injector flow rate to compensate. In other words, it is watching the pressure differential across the injector and reflecting any change in this differential in the injector flow rate value. Uncheck if a fuel pressure sensor is not being used.

* View>System Configuration>Sensor Calibration, There are new calibrate functions for Fuel Pressure (Aux A), Oil Pressure (Aux B), and the baro sensor if used.

I still need some help with the fuel and spark tables. I messed mine up trying to adjust when I did the update. I’m not trying to get your top secret stuff. I’m just trying not to break my engine again.

I still need some help with the fuel and spark tables. I messed mine up trying to adjust when I did the update. I’m not trying to get your top secret stuff. I’m just trying not to break my engine again.
Before anything else learn how to save your tune just for this reason.

This is so true but in a perfect world my laptop would have not crashed. Had to get another one and my stuff is gone. Mid ten second car, with the perfect tune maybe high nines. I would spend the money and get Cal to do a custom tune but I bought my stuff from Cotton’s. Can’t get in touch with him. I know he could help me out. Thanks though

I adjusted them trying to get the car to run so they are not where they were when I started. For example the car idles good at 35 and at wot 15psi is at 45 and the a/f 10.38. I will update the information above and try it again. Won’t get back home to try it out for another three weeks.

This is so true but in a perfect world my laptop would have not crashed. Had to get another one and my stuff is gone. Mid ten second car, with the perfect tune maybe high nines. I would spend the money and get Cal to do a custom tune but I bought my stuff from Cotton’s. Can’t get in touch with him. I know he could help me out. Thanks though
Back up to thumb drive as well as email yourself the tune

to fill the ve you need to work up a taget AF table based on your fuel and then slowly work up boost and rpm and watch your correction
make logs playback offline and correct VE table values on the line and then adjust cells left and right and above the boost you ran in anticipation of your next run so atleat you may be a little rich and then log and playback and adjust ve based on correction again and repeat until its as close as you can get it

youll need a good AF target table and 10.38 is very rich at 15 psi on pump gas , you may also need to adjust your correction limits to allow you to find your VE faster

and you need a spark table as well for your fuel
the 'demo ' gct that you get when you download fast xfi is for a v6 stage2 on race fuel