Xylene / Xylol

urhstry

Does anybody out there still use Xylene as a mixture in their tanks? If so, where are you getting your Xylene? The most I can get is 5-gallons at a time. i need a 55-gallon drum! Or does someone have a better idea other than alcohol injection? Mr. Kammer?

As expensive as xylene is,I went the alky route.$10 per gallon at Home Depot(only place I could find it)

Alky kit is ALOT better IMHO

I've seen a lot of Buicks with the plastic panel under the license plate warped from heavy zylene use. The aromatics are tough on plastics.

I dont know if there has been any long term use of it.. that i'm aware off.

I used it too before I went the alky route. At 10.00 per gallon.. after a few gallons I was done.

A DIY alky kit while not fancy will give you the xylene results with careful planning for not a whole lot of $$$. Definetely less than a 55 gallon drum. For that money and hassle, i'd do an alky kit. Opinions/bias aside.

HTH

well i just mixed some up for the first time and while not very cheap it is cheaper than race gas and im at 21# now and no detonation .

I can buy 112 from the pump just as cheap as mixing xylene@ $4.50 a gallon.And I get l around 10 more octane points

And meth is only around $100-$150 for a 55 gallon drum.:)

I did the xylene for a year or two, then went with an alky kit. Problem with xylene is that you're burning it up cruising around town or sitting at a red light. The alky is only burned at WOT. I get better performance from the alky and its much cheaper.

Maybe it was coincidence but both the times I used Xylene my O2 sensor went bad. I have been using alky for a while now with no ill effects. I went from 9 psi with knock on a race chip w/o alky to 18 psi with no knock with the SMC single nozzle kit. I still haven't been able to max out my boost due to tranny probs but with my street chip I expect around mid 20s with no knock. For the money alky beats Xylene. You only use it when you need it and people won't see you filling the tank with additives while at the track.

HI, Scott. I went with Alcohol about 5 years ago and never looked back. Much cheaper than Xylene and just as fast.