Yank converter update

I dont understand how they can both stall the same rpm but feel so different?? Maybe the Yank is just a little loose? Or is something else wrong with it?
Probably due to a higher torque multiplication ratio in the converter.

Thanks for the update, Tim. Any data yet on rpm drop at the 2-3 shift with each converter?

I did a 2-3 RPM drop test this morning and with the 9/11 it shifted at 5300 and dropped to 4500. I reviewed runs made at 75/80 and the drop was from 5125 to 4600. So......

Yank = 525 RPM drop

PTS 9/11 = 800 RPM drop

What does that tell ya?

The trans was a little cooler this morning I am sure which I would guess is why it shifted at a higher RPM. Or TV cable adjustment is slightly different.

Tells me that at 4500 the 9/11 is at least a couple hundred rpm tighter, which to me is a good thing. So, the boost vs rpm up to 3800 are the same, so spoolup and launch should be similar, but over 4500 the 9/11 is more efficient since it slips less so your midrange should be stronger. Top end will probably be about the same (rpm at 100 mph with identical tires, for example), since that's so far over the stall that neither should be slipping, assuming no lockup in either case.