10.99 on E85? Got a Couple Questions

mtocrs1

Mtocrs1
Hey Guys ,
I am planning to convert over to E85 once Bob and Eric get their chip/powerlogger combo that incorporates a flex fuel sensor finalized.
I am working to piece the rest of what I need together. My ultimate goal with the car is to run a 10.99 et.
I was planning on a Racetronix double pumper through the stock lines and a set of 120# injectors.
Can the stock lines support 10.99 et power?
Do the 120# injectors have good drivability on E85? I don’t want the car to surge at idle and lower RPM/load situations. It is a street car that will visit the track a couple times a year.
Yes I have used the search function.

Hey Guys ,
I am planning to convert over to E85 once Bob and Eric get their chip/powerlogger combo that incorporates a flex fuel sensor finalized.
I am working to piece the rest of what I need together. My ultimate goal with the car is to run a 10.99 et.
I was planning on a Racetronix double pumper through the stock lines and a set of 120# injectors.
Do the 120# injectors have good drivability on E85? I don’t want the car to surge at idle and lower RPM/load situations. It is a street car that will visit the track a couple times a year.

You should consider our 680LPH AN DP with Teflon lines.

thats the same thing i am dreaming about, a 10.99 on E85

i went with Reds Double pumper because of the extra magic and voodoo he puts into them, i did step up the feed line to a -8 and the return to a -6 from the sender to the fuel rail. I am also using Reds magical volt booster and finally i am using 120# injectors with Eric's chip.

The
drive-ability of the 120s and Eric's chip is awesome. The only draw back is the cold start on freezing days besides that you will love it.

Hey Guys ,
I'm at 11.20 with 2 255 lph walboro pumps and stock lines. Under 60% d.c. I did drill out all of the fittings though

A friend has gone mid 10's with stock lines and 2 china 255lph pumps. Plenty to go.

Due to the age of TRs, many have fuel lines that are in poor condition so how they will affect fuel delivery from one car to the next is unknown. E85 requires considerably more fuel for the same HP level. In the long term E85 can have harmful affects on all fuel system components that are not E85-safe such as the steel fuel lines, tank etc. If someone has made the investment to ET 10.99, the extra few hundred dollars spent on a bulletproof fuel system is cheap insurance vs. the cost of a new motor.

Due to the age of TRs, many have fuel lines that are in poor condition so how they will affect fuel delivery from one car to the next is unknown. E85 requires considerably more fuel for the same HP level. In the long term E85 can have harmful affects on all fuel system components that are not E85-safe such as the steel fuel lines, tank etc. If someone has made the investment to ET 10.99, the extra few hundred dollars spent on a bulletproof fuel system is cheap insurance vs. the cost of a new motor.
I agree with part of this. The whole part about the condition of the stock lines affecting fuel delivery, but have yet to see e85 damage stock fuel lines, or systems. I do have some turbulence in my fp logs though, and will hopefully determine this spring if it's due to the stock lines, or possibly my fpr...

Last edited:
Racetronix dp, through stock lines and rail, through 120's trapped 124 and change. With traction...I had none...should be a 10.9x time.

I've since upgraded to Teflon lines, -10 feed, -8 return.

Low end torque on corn is phenomenal. You'll love it.

I agree with part of this. The whole part about the condition of the stock lines affecting fuel delivery, but have yet to see e85 damage stock fuel lines, or systems.
Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

The time will tell...

In the meantime, you may consider reading SAE documents that cover the use of E85 in fuel systems, how certain plastics and metals are affected by E85 and why select materials/components are used in flex-fuel vehicles.

Well today there was a deal on the for sale section that I bit on.
So I will be starting my journey with a modded ECM and some 83# an hour injectors with a turbo tweak chip.
Still contemplating pumps and lines. Prolly going to start with just the double pampers for now.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Still contemplating pumps and lines. Prolly going to start with just the double pampers for now.....

Best to consider a DP with AN fittings and use hose barb adapters that way moving to Teflon lines will be easy.
There is a drop-down option for the digital dash level sender in our web store for both DP systems. We also offer the barb adapters.

Best to consider a DP with AN fittings and use hose barb adapters that way moving to Teflon lines will be easy.
There is a drop-down option for the digital dash level sender in our web store for both DP systems. We also offer the barb adapters.
I am a bit confused by your listings for complete assemblies. You have a dual 255 Lph for $476?
Can you provide a part number.
Additionally why is there suck a steep increase for the AN pump listing? Are there other differences?

The time will tell...

In the meantime, you may consider reading SAE documents that cover the use of E85 in fuel systems, how certain plastics and metals are affected by E85 and why select materials/components are used in flex-fuel vehicles.
I will definitely consider it!

Due you have any actual proof to back this up .. I've had E85 in my TTA since 2004 ... I still can't see any change at all in any of the stock lines or tank ..

My Cobra has had E85 in it since 2006 .. and on some portions of the fuel system it has plastic type line .. but mostly rubber and steel .. no change and that car sits a lot .
it has the stock 5/16 pinched lines on it with a single intank pump and traps 130 everytime I can hook it up and keep it in my lane.
The same 5/16 line in the same type car has been in the 9's @ 140 on fuel .. ( not ideal but it was a consistent setup ) we upgraded to 1/2 lines and were expecting decent gains ... we didn't see very much.

First thing guys need to look at is the power getting to the pump before they just start installing big lines , 2 pumps, big injectors ... all that will just waste money for a 10.99 car

Last edited:
Well I scored a new DW301 of eBay for $65 shipped!
I know it's not ideal but I am going to see how far this pump hooked up to a KB booster can take me on the stock lines.
Is there anything else other than the fuel filter k should replace while installing the new pump?
Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I scored a new DW301 of eBay for $65 shipped!
I know it's not ideal but I am going to see how far this pump hooked up to a KB booster can take me on the stock lines.
Is there anything else other than the fuel filter k should replace while installing the new pump?
Thanks in advance!

JUST make sure you have CLEAN GOOD POWER at that pump .. MEASURE it .. don't assume ...

That pump will take you a lot further than the 51 in your sig ...

on Gas that pump can run 9's ... on E85 it can cover 10's without issue

Will the return lines need to be modified with this pump? Drilling of the Saginaw fittings?

Will the return lines need to be modified with this pump? Drilling of the Saginaw fittings?

On some cars YES.. on other cars NO ... it depends ... I always open the ends up anyway just incase ... with E85 I run the Siemens 80# injectors and they like higher than stock pressures ...
SO don't be afraid of raising the fuel pressure to 50 psi to start with.

I went 10.7 with 2 Walbro 340's. E85, 120 injectors, ported stock heads, Limit 45a with Garret housing 22lbs of boost and 20 * timimg in third. Fuel pressure stock lines with 1 pump was 45 ish and with both pumps 60. Duty cycle was in the mid 50's.

For a high ten combo I would go with the big single walbro pump with the racetronix Teflon lines. I think these other combos will work fine too but the big single pump is simple with extra capacity especially if voltage is boosted. Plus it is factory engineered for E85. And the teflon lines are priced very reasonably for what you get.