1968 Chevelle With '87 GN engine

turboskylark

1-i took the easy way out and gave caspers some money for this Casper's Electronics, Inc.: 84/87 Dash Harness Mate
2-i used the GN mounts top and bottom. For the bottom ones I just had to drill the holes on the frame.
3-you will need to have some power steering lines made up with the correct fittings for the steering box.
4-on my car I had already a 2004r so no problem with that. But if your car has a PG the 2004r would fit with ZERO Mods. The only change is the addition of the D-tent Cable.
5-the fuel system is completely custom made. But again I gave caspers some more money for a plug in dash to fuel tank Harness. Then I added the Hot Wire kit.
In the engine compartment every thing fits pretty close to an OE GN
Take a look at my pictures if you have anymore questions just ask I am here to help

Exactlly what I try to help people do. As a Grapic artist.I seeright colors wrong value. You got it right..Congratulation.shoot some clear for the pop.
Nice

finish up

Make sure it is warm enough and clean is critical.Not trying to tell what to do.
Rather helping I hope. CAr is really nice

turbopwered68

Thanks for the info and link on harness,very helpful,did the gn fuel tank fit without modification?Very nice ride,keep us posted on progress. thanks Pat

turbopwered68

Thanks for the info and link on harness,very helpful,did the gn fuel tank fit without modification?Very nice ride,keep us posted on progress. thanks Pat

I used a set of G-Body tank straps
And a OE GN gas tank
On the tank you have cut the filler neck and pipe it with a piece of hose in order to get it by the Plate.

Very cool, it's going to be really hard to sell once it's done and you go drive it around and get offers on it because it's a killer combo.

From seeing where it started to those last few of the paint and stripes you can get WAY more than $7500 for that car.

Pretty up the engine and that badd boys ready for the local car shows.
Too bad it's winter!!:frown:

Very cool, it's going to be really hard to sell once it's done and you go drive it around and get offers on it because it's a killer combo.

From seeing where it started to those last few of the paint and stripes you can get WAY more than $7500 for that car.

Pretty up the engine and that badd boys ready for the local car shows.
Too bad it's winter!!:frown:

thanks
but the $7500 was before the body came off the Frame. i will be looking for mid to low teens it just depends on a few things it might be getting.

and yes i can't wait for the summer to show up.:biggrin:

nice car

do you have photos in condition its in now did you set price papamacksaw@comcast.net for pictures thanks ken ..... ps i am finishing up a 66 ss chevelle with the gn transpant havent started up motor yet motor rebuilt top to bottom mostly new body panels installed

pictures 66 ss chevelle

as soon as its off the jack stands... i will post photos ..no room to get good photos my shop is tight.. ken.. will be a great looking car.. that motor in there looks more impressive than my 66 ss car with a 454 in it later

Hydroboost Conversion

Did you consider using a Hydroboost instead of that 11" vacuum booster? It would really clean up the firewall, and stop like a champ. We use hydroboosts on the 572 Chevelles. They Stop! we have all the mounting set up for those cars.

My Dad and I re-padded and recovered the Bench.
It was a real pain in Ship I will never do it again.

Attachments

• IMG_8964 seat.JPG
    IMG_8964 seat.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 1,338
  • IMG_8962.jpg
    IMG_8962.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 1,330
Looking very nice, keep the pics coming. What's the deal with your upholsterer? Is he in witness protection or something? :biggrin: