1987 Grand national we2 t top

That is a really nice car for someone to start with for the money, I just bought an almost identical condition 87 GN in Dec, with a few light mods and 92000 miles for $9300, the guy I bought it from wanted it GONE and needed the $ to put down on a new camaro, so I think I got it a little cheaper than a spring/ summer sale, he started at 10,500 and I picked it apart until we agreed on 9300, I started at 9k. but you car is a little more desireable being left alone, stereo, wheels stuff in the trunk and papers help it out, I would bet you wouldeasily get your money on EBAY if you have not tried it there, I have had great luck with cars and motorcycles there.

At this point not to desperate, i really like the car just dont like paying $160 a month in storage fees thats all. I do not have a garage for the car where i live and where i had it for free we lost the lease. U cannot keep a nice car like this outside. Wish me luck Thanks

any work done to the tranny? does it have a shift kit?
Numbers match the vin on the tranny, No work that i know of. The trans shifts strong and will bark the tires when it 1-2 shifts. Leetownreb if youre serious come down see and drive the car you will not be dissapointed.

jimski is correct, they'll bark the tires straight from the factory between the 1-2 shifts.

I'm quite interested in your car for my better half and it reminds me of my first GN I had in 1990. Check your inbox for a PM.

Thanks,
- Dean

Jim,

I meant to ask you what's that gizmo attached to the steering column? I appears to fold up/down and be in the way of the driver getting a clear view of the speedometer.

Check your inbox, you have a new PM.

- Dean

Jim,

I meant to ask you what's that gizmo attached to the steering column? I appears to fold up/down and be in the way of the driver getting a clear view of the speedometer.

Check your inbox, you have a new PM.

- Dean

That is a hinged steering column lock that wraps around the column and uses a pad lock. That lock is from my oldsmobile, I used it on that car when I went for a cruise. It is supposed to prevent the column from being busted on the side when I'm not around.

SOLD SOLD SOLD. The car went back to Michigan where it was born. The gentleman and his wife where the nicest people i have met. Im allready missing that car. Thanks

Think i'm going to throw up since i missed seeing this car still for sale.. i just sold my 96 Impala SS and you were right in my top price range.. don't want to really go over the 10grand mark.. i know i can find a nice one for that, done it two other times.

Good luck to the new owners, you got a beauty

DSCF2125.JPG
I absolutely love the car! My husband and I have been enjoying it from the moment we brought it home. I know Jimski was really sad to let it go, but it has a really good home. I have already taken it out and got pulled over by Dean's coworkers trying to keep the streets safe. The Deputy said he heard me long before I passed him. I only got it up to 85 mph. Back into the heated garage to tinker with it some more. Again, thanks for the GREAT car!!!

View attachment 185531 I absolutely love the car! My husband and I have been enjoying it from the moment we brought it home. I know Jimski was really sad to let it go, but it has a really good home. I have already taken it out and got pulled over by Dean's coworkers trying to keep the streets safe. The Deputy said he heard me long before I passed him. I only got it up to 85 mph. Back into the heated garage to tinker with it some more. Again, thanks for the GREAT car!!!

Thats a great shot of you and the car enjoy.

James,

Since buying the car I've got a few questions regarding it's past that physical evidence is telling me. I won't be specific here and I've tried to contact you via text messages and emails to no avail. Please contact me?

No, it's not at all. I had to edit what I did have to say at least 2x before she'd allow me to post what I did....
Dean what's up my phone does not receive text but you can call me anytime. also trying to call you and left a message.