1987 limited

mturbo87

Mike
Car_001.jpg
One of 1035 , what a shame! Can it be salvaged? Will find out soon.

Of course it can....but it may take more money than if you were to just buy one thats already been restored. The prices are falling everyday on the TR's so...

IT has t-tops sooo that's a BAD sign that the floors are probably rotted out. I'd still give $1500 for it.

give a good scrubbing down and post some pics afterwards. i bet it looks 100% better without all the tree sap and pine needles all over it- probably better than the faded, cracked, and falling off paint on my car...

Of course it can....but it may take more money than if you were to just buy one thats already been restored. The prices are falling everyday on the TR's so...

IT has t-tops sooo that's a BAD sign that the floors are probably rotted out. I'd still give $1500 for it.
800 for the rear end, 400 for the trans, yea I bet you would give me 1500. :rolleyes:

I've seen alot of cars left out like this to get in this condition.

Everytime i think why wouldn't they just buy a $15.00 tarp and throw over it to keep the weather and elements from beating the crap out of it.:rolleyes:

So, is it for sale? Did you buy it?

More Pix?

Teasing isn't nice:biggrin: I'm in for $1500 if it isn't too far away.

No its not for sale, if it were it would of been listed in the cars for sale forum. It may be getting parted out. I may fix the car as I can do all needed repairs to the body and drive train. Chopping the t-tops off and installing a hard top is the possible plan.

If you have a resources then by all means, fix it! If I had the place and talent to restore cars I would have done more than the one sitting in my garage.

87 limited 004.jpg
87 limited 003.jpg
87 limited 010.jpg
Washed it up and looks more than what I expected. Needs painted , filler panels, and weather stripping. Car has been setting for 10 years , 5 years inside and 5 outside. Will get it running tomarrow.

87 limited 007.jpg
Imported Photos 00052.jpg
Good snag! Keep us informed on the resto! Looks like an excellent start!
Im not sure I want to restore it as two turbo cars to keep clean and maintain can be a pain in the ass. Droped the tank and it was empty and full of rust. Hope tuesday to start it up. Could not believe the undercarage was solid with no rust.

nice find! can't wait to see another one back on the road! subscribed!

Im not sure I want to restore it as two turbo cars to keep clean and maintain can be a pain in the ass. Droped the tank and it was empty and full of rust. Hope tuesday to start it up. Could not believe the undercarage was solid with no rust.

It definately is a pain to keep two turbo cars going but you did find a Limited that is a perfect candidate for a restoration so it may be a fun project, specially since it's so solid of a body! Either way, if you do decide to sell it, I'm sure there will be plenty of us in line to buy it!!!!

Here's one my buddy and I are saving right now!!! I'd say your Limited is a much better start!!!

Attachments

• 100_1253.jpg
    100_1253.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 2,383
  • 100_1254.jpg
    100_1254.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 2,377
  • 100_1255.jpg
    100_1255.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 2,365
No its not for sale, if it were it would of been listed in the cars for sale forum. It may be getting parted out. I may fix the car as I can do all needed repairs to the body and drive train. Chopping the t-tops off and installing a hard top is the possible plan.

i have a top with the astro roof if you need it
located in nashville tn

scott

It definately is a pain to keep two turbo cars going but you did find a Limited that is a perfect candidate for a restoration so it may be a fun project, specially since it's so solid of a body! Either way, if you do decide to sell it, I'm sure there will be plenty of us in line to buy it!!!!

Here's one my buddy and I are saving right now!!! I'd say your Limited is a much better start!!!
That looks like way to much to restore, but good luck!

buick 003.jpg
buick 007.jpg
buick 008.jpg
Replaced the starter, tank and pump. She started right up , ran a little rough and then smoothed out, unreal. Heres some pictures of the undercarage. Next will be the brakes.