1987 limited

buic no engine 001.jpg
buic no engine 002.jpg
buic no engine 003.jpg
buic no engine 001.jpg
buic no engine 002.jpg
buic no engine 003.jpg
Engine and transmision are out and stripping paint has begun.

No it wasn't James. But then again I guess if I get my asking price they can drive it in the ocean for all i care.

I just don't see the concept of trashing a running car.. Now look at MRturbo87 He took a car and cleaned it up nice. he did not part it out.

I'm not defending buying up perfectly good complete and restorable TR's just for the sole purpose of selling parts, but I don't see this as what James et al are doing. There are parts that you'll never find except on another TR, and someone like a James could be your only source. Whatever you need chances are he'll have it. But in my experience he's not in the business of buying up running original cars for the sole purpose of stripping and selling parts. I'm sure there are others who are, however, I just choose not to deal with them.

The time is approaching when preserving a beloved TR will require putting it on static display, never to be driven. That will be a sad day indeed. I'm thankful for those who work to preserve these pieces of history, as well as those who supply the parts necessary to do so.

Back on topic: Mrturbo87, congrats on your lucky find, looks to be shaping up very nicely!

Going good. My blue Limited resto project has halted. Hoping to get going on it again this winter. Are you keeping it stock?

Looks excellent! What did you use to strip the doors and small pieces? Looks like you sanded to paint off the body but looks like the doors were blasted???
Thanks! We have a hot tank, just drop them in and 2 hours later all the paints gone, used paint stripper on the body.

Going good. My blue Limited resto project has halted. Hoping to get going on it again this winter. Are you keeping it stock?
Keeping it bone stock,and if I keep it my wife may drive this one. She wont drive my GN anymore, I just dont understand that one. LOL

buick painted 001.jpg
buick painted 003.jpg
Got a little more done,fenders hood and others etch primered and block fill primered. Body will be next week.

2011-02-11_15-23-02_433.jpg
2011-02-14_14-17-02_768.jpg
2011-02-14_14-17-27_154.jpg
Forgot to get pics of frame after it was sand blasted and painted. Cars getting one more coat of primer and then wet sanded, then the painting begins.

2011-04-27_19-48-31_544.jpg
Making more progress, got the firewall,t-top, and door jams painted. Wont be to much longer. After doing a frame off, I can now understand why its expensive.

Mire Pics.

WOW where have the years gone? It's hard for me to digest these cars are now this old and more and more are ready for these types of restoration.

It was like yesterday these cars was brand new and I was right there with them.

Mike, I use to know the name of that color blue off the top of my head but for the life of me I'm drawing a blank. I know it's the same color T that Dennis had and his son repainted for him 10 years ago I guess.

Look forward to seeing more pics as your progress. Thanks for sharing.

BTW, I'm glad you kept it a T-TOP as I personally love them. :cool:

2011-05-03_19-19-16_69.jpg
2011-05-03_19-19-31_215.jpg
Thanks for all the interest. Putting all this back together can be a little frustrating. But I will finish soon.