1987 pro-touring grand national, from the ground up

Engine has been rebuilt and is back at the shop. I spaced ordering gaskets so those are coming, hopefully in the next week or two but its downhill from here

hello; I'm wondering if your rebuilder gave you any special instructions on breaking in your rebuild? Did you go all out or just a basic rebuild? Meaning if the part was still good you'd keep it such as pistons ,cam and such.
IBBY

Glad everything's coming together. Anxiously awaiting your next post. Thanks for documenting the build of your incredible car.

This is my first turbo buick. Not sure on the weight, I'm hoping I lost a little. I took quite a bit of weight off but I added alot in. The transmission has to weigh 100 lbs more, the seats another 100, insulation etc. Either way the weight I took off was mainly the front end, the weight I added was more central or rear, so I should have better weight distribution.

And no, Ferrari plans are no longer in the making ;(

Not much, Scott finished assembling the engine and I think its just a scheduling thing at this point to drop it in. I'm looking forward to it lol

This thing is looking GREAT! I keep contemplating going with the Baer fronts, but its really scary seeing how little of meat there is around that bottom bracket bolt on the spindle. I ended up going C5 conversion. But man, this is the perfect build. I keep wondering how you got a 60k GN for 9k!!!

So, few updates.... Basically after a horrible paintjob and blowing the motor I got very discouraged with the car but I'm back at it again. Few things going on now...

For body, I have a great guy that is currently doing work for the shop that built my car that is doing a true show car finish on it. I'm shaving the trunk lock and door handles and locks and putting in some aston martin vantage door handles and locks

The interior is getting updated with new lower door panels with custom speaker pods in it, a custom center console and a leather finished trunk.

The audio is being upgraded highly. I'm using all hybrid audio components and arc audio amplifiers. I'm moving the hvac controls and flush mounting an ipad where the stock stereo/hvac controls go.

After driving it a bit I'm not to happy with the firmness of the suspension so I'm upgrading to the new ridetech coil overs (they were not available when I started the build)

On top of that there is quite a laundry list of little items that need to be fixed, redone, modified or all out changed (ie exhaust drone, speedo issues etc)

I'll start taking pictures as the parts start arriving (are already ordered) and for the install, so stay tuned.

So, few updates.... Basically after a horrible paintjob and blowing the motor I got very discouraged with the car but I'm back at it again. Few things going on now...

For body, I have a great guy that is currently doing work for the shop that built my car that is doing a true show car finish on it. I'm shaving the trunk lock and door handles and locks and putting in some aston martin vantage door handles and locks

The interior is getting updated with new lower door panels with custom speaker pods in it, a custom center console and a leather finished trunk.

The audio is being upgraded highly. I'm using all hybrid audio components and arc audio amplifiers. I'm moving the hvac controls and flush mounting an ipad where the stock stereo/hvac controls go.

After driving it a bit I'm not to happy with the firmness of the suspension so I'm upgrading to the new ridetech coil overs (they were not available when I started the build)

On top of that there is quite a laundry list of little items that need to be fixed, redone, modified or all out changed (ie exhaust drone, speedo issues etc)

I'll start taking pictures as the parts start arriving (are already ordered) and for the install, so stay tuned.

thks for the update... couple of questions; 1) How do you like the 6 spd (?) paddle-shifted tranny? and 2) what are you doing for HVAC controls. I know you have to be changing out the dated looking stock ones .... but to what? i have been trying to figure out something for mine.

aaron

The trans is awesome, I love it. The paddle shifts are great but I'm having issues with the tci display working and am trying to get them to exchange it. I'm actually hiding the hvac under a bmw hinged door that you push and it pops up in the new center console