2014 THS Rules discussion

I say let the trans in. 13 class legal racers want the option open. It is in no way a performance gain. They are cheaper, stronger, hold more horsepower and can get one anywhere is not a good argument against it.
There is gear change options for the 400 but my car 60fts like a mofo with stock gears. The hood is way more of a gain than the trans and it is now allowed. Makes no sense to me. just my opinion

There are gear changes for the 200 also
The fastest 3 cars or so have then right now

Do I understand this right... if the trans rule passes... then an iron headed car with any other tranny than a 200R4 has to weigh 3650 and alum head car has to weight 3750?

All cars now have to weigh 3550, if the trans rule passes they will have to weigh 3650 aluminum or iron heads.

I thought heads had nothing to do with it, its if its the non-200 trans, then add 100#'s. I voted no, one weight was the point of the first vote, another 100# rule to remember who has a non-200 every round is back to where we were before.

Now we are looking at a weight penalty for a tranny other than a 2004r. How much of an advantage is the TH400 over a 2004r? Correct me if I'm wrong, but if we are discussing weight penalties, shouldn't it be for something that is a definite advantage? I don't understand why nobody thinks that aluminum heads are an advantage over iron heads. To me, that should be the weight break/penalty.

Now we are looking at a weight penalty for a tranny other than a 2004r. How much of an advantage is the TH400 over a 2004r? Correct me if I'm wrong, but if we are discussing weight penalties, shouldn't it be for something that is a definite advantage? I don't understand why nobody thinks that aluminum heads are an advantage over iron heads. To me, that should be the weight break/penalty.

Yeah, aluminum heads can't be an advantage..

Wonder if Sean is gonna put some on his car and go faster? Might as well since there isn't a weight break for irons anymore.

Are you whining? Sure sounds like it

On the contrary... I'm excited to see how far Sean's car can go with aluminum heads since he already showed what the irons will do.

If I had the money Doc, I'd have a car in every class.

I call bs. That car will have iron heads on it all summer and bg lol.
I'm using the only thing in the class that has the huge advantage over everything else. Hence the 100lbs. I guess I really don't care since my car weighs 3700lbs anyways. Hope that stock 4.1 has enough power for the burn out box

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I call bs. That car will have iron heads on it all summer and bg lol.
I'm using the only thing in the class that has the huge advantage over everything else. Hence the 100lbs. I guess I really don't care since my car weighs 3700lbs anyways. Hope that stock 4.1 has enough power for the burn out box

What do you have in the trunk to weigh that much 2 iron block BB Chevys? LoL

I'll go ahead and plumb the nitrous solenoids on this intake before I ship it back, Kevin

It weighed 3650 on the money with an aluminum headed engine and a 200. Now it has iron heads and a 400 and I've gained 20lbs myself. Just speculation on the 3700 but it sounds about right. Car also has the proper safety equipment in it for the speeds it goes. Mild steel roll bar. It doesn't have any lighten done to it. Plus it has a power seat.