2015 Grand National & GNX

Definitely a name for a new premium Buick turbo coupe. Like a desert oasis that's desired but really isn't there, El-mirage is the cool new Buick that really isn't. :D

thirst.jpg

I read the car and driver report on the new ones and I gotta say gm is doing a good job of wrecking a good name with a great history a gn with a 2.0 turbo in any color what a disgrace to the gn name it's almost insulting to think and when this car comes out if you speak of owning a gn and don't say a year everyone will just assume you mean a 4cyl personally I think this is a disgrace to the real gn and gnx and gm is on it's way to wrecking another good name

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Well remember in the mid 80's it was only 12 years since the mega motor tire smoking GS/GSX cars from Buick; and the Buick faithful felt totally offended when the modern muscle cars had a "crappy" six cylinder.

True enough but when the gn came out it was making a name for its self now the car has a name and reputation that it earned by being the fastest car of its time and being faster then the vette and just being a unusual car now there going to take the name that has such a huge following and great reputation and turn it into a car powered by a cobalt engine and tarnish its name just to make a quick buck and to add insult to it the cars will be avi in any color

GM is still has the cannibal car mentality, the current Regal is sold in Europe as the Opel insignia which comes in a 320 HP AWD 2.8 V6 turbo car.
Why wont they sell that car here? The arrogant mentality that it will steal sales from its other higher priced models.
for more research youtube Opel Insignia OPC

GM isn't going to build anything worth a shit. THink about it. Are they really going to build a car that's just as good as the caddy, corvette, camaro? I doubt it. It will be the gpgtp of the trans am

Well with the ZL1 , Z28 , CTS-V, and corvettes all pumping out serious horsepower these days i'd expect the GN and GNX to pump out some decent horsepower . Rumors have it with the twin turbo six at about 450 HP......I'd buy one.

Hurry up Buick!!!
I'm due for a new dd here in the next year or so.

Please, leave the Grand National back in the 80s where it belongs. I'd hate to see it turned into another aero plastic-like toy with ridiculous body lines. Other manufacturers have already done that and branded it with one of their classic names. :rolleyes:

Just caught this thread and some of my customers have sent me article from current April Car & Driver magazine. From what the article says it appears it will be a 4 door. Buick has not had a coupe in their line up for a number of years. One can only hope GM don;t screw it up like the did when they brought back the GTO after a 30 plus year absence which never really caught in with the Pontiac crowd. (I owned 05 GTO not to mention many of the early ones)

Based on what I see in my current daily travels I see very few of the Regal Ts turbos they made on the road. If they go for a halo car they oughta do it in a coupe. Halo meaning limited production to generate interest in the Buick model line up here in the states. They certianily are not going to make it for their China customer base.

Be great if they do it right....while most of us are still capable of driving and not in the old folks home. The article says 2.0 four cylinder turbo charged or a 3.6 and the GNX will be a twin turbo putting out 400 hp. Manual transmission will be available. Hey if nothing nothing else it gives Buick owners some hope and time to start saving money towards the deposit or payment in full. The key I think to decent sales will be if they make it a coupe!

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Lets hope their is a few nice touches that tie it into the models of yesteryear (1984-1987) and I don't mean the poor paint jobs, or body fit or powermaster brake systems.

As we speak the Corvette bigwigs are probably trying to figure out how they can put the kabosh on any projected new Buick G/N turbos....
They don't want a repeat of 1986 and 1987 where they were handed their asses after being beaten by a Turbo Buick!

Hey!

Look how good it worked out for the GTO................Wait.o_O

This will happen about the same time TB.com makes those new GN/Turbo Regal T-Shirts become available.................:D