3.5 THDP

Them control arms are super cheap but How safe are they, cracks or all out breaking ?
Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Just as safe as a 25 year old car with no airbags and a weak front end

Just as safe as a 25 year old car with no airbags and a weak front end

I guess, but nothing says disaster like loosing steering control going fast or on a turn.

One more ? With these/those being completely flat wouldn't that put extra strain on the upper ball joint since the angle wont be right?
probably with the car being lowered the plate will sit straight out (mounting point to Ball joint) instead of in a downward angle like the OE configuration where it needs the ball joint base in a different angle for the ball joint to have full free movement ????
Educate me people

never heard of a single failure , and coming from speedway they are designed and used for circle track racing which is about as severe a test of of their durability as youll find

never heard of a single failure , and coming from speedway they are designed and used for circle track racing which is about as severe a test of of their durability as youll find

Devil's advocate here -

1- weight of a street car vs a circle track car?
2- beat to shit NYc area streets vs a track??

Not trying to know better or challenge any one, I just NEED to be sure as I will have my family in the car with me most of the time.

SO now that we knoe they are durable how does the lack of an angle at the balljoint mounting plate. How are the bslljoints effected?

Devil's advocate here -

1- weight of a street car vs a circle track car?
2- beat to shit NYc area streets vs a track??

Not trying to know better or challenge any one, I just NEED to be sure as I will have my family in the car with me most of the time.

SO now that we know they are durable how does the lack of an angle at the balljoint mounting plate. How are the balljoints effected?

Most "stock" class cars have to weigh between 3 and 3400 lbs David. The lightest of them might weigh about 2700. If you've ever watched a dirt track race they're not on smooth pavement but have to go through ruts, bumps, bangs, and in some cases hit other cars or the retaining wall.:eek: The lack of angle on the ball joint won't hurt at all since what you're seeing isn't the whole story. Once the wheels are on the ground the area you're talking about is in the perfect position.;)

Ok who has a part number for me?
I looked for about two hours and couldn't come up with a specific set. L/R, L/L, RR ?????????
BTW
If you have the part number for an A-Body please post that up too.

Here ya go!

http://www.gbodyparts.com/product_info.php?products_id=134&osCsid=99525ed8ca66ceddc164dcb630dc0bf4

GBody Tubular A Arms.jpg