3 gauge cluster for side of dash

tonysmach

Anyone know where to get this 3 gauge holder that matches the dash pad? I thought it was Jay's but I called there and they said they never sold it. Thanks.

Attachments

• 3 gauge.jpg
    3 gauge.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 1,887
I believe

They are no longer available. I came up with this idea and started making these years ago and selling them @ the nationals. Once I quit Ron Joseph ask if he could copy one and sell. OK with me so when he was in business he was making them but I do believe he has sold his shop. Best of luck in finding one.

I've been watching, here on the board and on eBay and haven't seen one in 5-6 years. Although, I do know where one is, but they want to sell the car, not part it out.

I saw that gauge pod in a thread the other day and wondered where one could find it. It's really cool.

I saw that gauge pod in a thread the other day and wondered where one could find it. It's really cool.

There is a guy in your signature that stashes all that old school stuff for historical references. He even has the 4 gauge holder that runs across the the top of the heater controls. The old ATR unit that went under the dash above the console.

They are heavy! If there is a demand for them we can get them built. I can also get the correct material to wrap them in.
I'm thinking aluminum instead of 1/8th inch steel.:eek:

There is always our 4-gauge cluster that is made out of light weight aluminum and Powedercoated Black! I can also paint them the correct interior grey. :biggrin:

SEE HERE: Untitled

Scot W.

Attachments

• Gauge%20cluster%20010.jpg
    Gauge%20cluster%20010.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 1,812
  • Gauge%20cluster%20006.jpg
    Gauge%20cluster%20006.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 1,810
  • Gauge%20cluster%20007.jpg
    Gauge%20cluster%20007.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 1,824
There is always our 4-gauge cluster that is made out of light weight aluminum and Powedercoated Black! I can also paint them the correct interior grey. :biggrin:
Scot W.

I was just telling Bweavy about that 10 minutes ago. That thing is a paper weight :eek:. A carbon fiber one would be nice :rolleyes::biggrin:

Hey, thats a pic of my old car....
Hey mine to.;) That was a custom made piece. Can't order that from anyone. As far as being heavy it weighed about 2 lbs. No heavier then the chit caught under a pair of chit kickers.:)

SEE HERE: Untitled

Scot W.

Scott, that is a nice piece. However, I would like to have all my gauges at the same level, if possible. My plan was to place the knock gauge, Innovate AF ratio gauge and electronic fuel pressure gauge in that cluster. This would allow me to eliminate A-pillar pods that I do not care for. I am installing a GNX style dash that will have boost, oil and water. This way I could eliminate the 2 gauges in the console. I never liked taking my eyes off the road to see those gauges. Anyway, that is what I am trying to accomplish but may not be able to do it without significant cost of a custom piece.

I was just telling Bweavy about that 10 minutes ago. That thing is a paper weight :eek:. A carbon fiber one would be nice :rolleyes::biggrin:
Paper weight? You obviously have'nt seen ours in person or picked it up!! :rolleyes: Ask Barron if it's a paper weight, He just bought one! :biggrin:

SW.

Scott, that is a nice piece. However, I would like to have all my gauges at the same level, if possible. My plan was to place the knock gauge, Innovate AF ratio gauge and electronic fuel pressure gauge in that cluster. This would allow me to eliminate A-pillar pods that I do not care for. I am installing a GNX style dash that will have boost, oil and water. This way I could eliminate the 2 gauges in the console. I never liked taking my eyes off the road to see those gauges. Anyway, that is what I am trying to accomplish but may not be able to do it without significant cost of a custom piece.
Tony, That piece should be easy enough to make. It's just a box with holes cut into it and then it's covered with a gray vinyl. Not sure how it would be mounted but I'm sure there is some here who can answer that.

Scot W.

Maybe you mock up a 3 gauge pod that mounts like that one, see how it looks and offer that too.

Couple more if anyone cares. I have contemplated doing this to my current car but I just haven't put much thought into it until this thread I guess.

Scot I would think you could come up with something similar or even better and more stream line. If you could design a similar piece out of some sort of plastic or light metal it wouldn't have to be hard mounted to anything. Just sell people the shell. They will all be the same dimensions as G-Bodys.

This particular one was simply velcroed to the dash on both sides. Vey secure. Easily comes off. With some sort of CAD machine im sure it could be done tastefully and would likely be a big seller imo. You could offer them painted or let people paint their own. Some might even like engraving on them.

If you look at the last pic you can see that the bottom of the gauge holder does not actually fit flush and it still looks clean. A perfectly fitted piece would look pretty good imo. Many like myself do not want to disturb the dash with a GNX style dash because then the mileage is always suspect. Not that it isn't anyway:rolleyes: but most like that OEM look.

Not a lot of other options out there other then the one you just redesigned. Came out really sweet to. Something like this could just be another option. That peice believe it or not was the first thing people complimented about my car when people saw it. Not sure if I felt the same way but many others did.

Attachments

• IMG_0087.jpg
    IMG_0087.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 1,771
  • IMG_0088.jpg
    IMG_0088.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 1,794
  • IMG_0089.jpg
    IMG_0089.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 1,758
wrong

If the one in the pic is one I made (and I believe it is) It DOES NOT fasten with velcro, unless someone removed the original mounting tab.

If the one in the pic is one I made (and I believe it is) It DOES NOT fasten with velcro, unless someone removed the original mounting tab.

X2...once again he is blowing off about something he has no clue about.

Here are 2 more examples of the same gauge holder.......all made Lee, including the one in the above pics in Scott Porter's car..........none of them were attached by velcro !.........and there were many of them made in all different colors.

Attachments

• Dwayne's shit 280 (Medium).jpg
    Dwayne's shit 280 (Medium).jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 1,740
  • first run 020 (Medium).jpg
    first run 020 (Medium).jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 1,732
Ive got one also and love it.. whoever made it its a very nice quality piece!:D

Full Dakota Digital cluster and guage package.

Attachments

• Picture 128.jpg
    Picture 128.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 1,732
Here are 2 more examples of the same gauge holder.......all made Lee, including the one in the above pics in Scott Porter's car..........none of them were attached by velcro !.........and there were many of them made in all different colors.
I don't really give a crap who made them but they wern't available from any vendor in the last 5 years. When I bought the car the owner said it was a custom piece and not available anywhere. Was I supposed to call him a liar?:rolleyes: How or why the fuk would I know or care?

Considering there is no web page to go to and purchase it that would be a logical assumption. Take your whining up with Scott cause that what he told me.

You showed two pics of cars with them. And maybe 5 others somewhere. So what? How many other cars had them in them? What was the year in the pictures taken? 2005. Exactly! So don't try to be cute and act like they are readily available cause they are not which would lead anyone to think they were custom peices not available to buy.

And don't tell me there wasn't a velcro piece on the bottom and on the side of it cause I replaced it after it began to sag jackass.:rolleyes:

If there was another bracket back there holding it up it wasn't working very well so apparently velcro was required. So What? Big deal? Did someones feeling get hurt cause velcro was used? Grow up. I never took it off to look for a bracket so stop ur crying like a little bitch as if it was ur design.:rolleyes: Who gives a chit?

Personally I thought the fit and finish was so-so and the stictching was a little off but looked good from a distance so I really didn't care. Others seemed to like it quite a bit and never noticed but I did. It only makes sense to assume it's not a mass produced item and custom the way it was constructed.

It's a little guaky. A newer design would make it a tighter and cleaner piece that fit more flush. That's all I was saying. You don't have to get ur panties in a not over it. Progess is good.

So Stop being a cheer leader for an average designed product that isn't available and go whine somewhere else....:eek: