3 gauge cluster for side of dash

There is a guy in your signature that stashes all that old school stuff for historical references. He even has the 4 gauge holder that runs across the the top of the heater controls. The old ATR unit that went under the dash above the console.

They are heavy! If there is a demand for them we can get them built. I can also get the correct material to wrap them in.
I'm thinking aluminum instead of 1/8th inch steel.:eek:
I'm gonna have to make my way up to your shop one of these days just so I can look around at all of your stuff. Something tells me I would be there a whiiiiile! :cool:

I personally think there is always a demand for gauge pods, along with most anything people can think of for our cars.

If I could think of 3 more gauges to add to my car, I would look into a pod to go to the right of the dash. But at the rate I'm going, I will have to come up with gauges that aren't even plugged in to fill the holes. :D

Paper weight? You obviously have'nt seen ours in person or picked it up!! :rolleyes: Ask Barron if it's a paper weight, He just bought one! :biggrin:

SW.
Maybe if you're looking to weigh down a single sheet of paper, two pages tops. LOL!
That pod is light. VERY light. And very cool looking. Pics will be up soon. :cool:

If someone wants to send me one of these I will re-make them for everyone and I have the contacts for the proper vinyl and the stitching will be A LOT straighter! Also,for sending me one (just to use), I will send it back to you with some of our products FREE! ;)

If someone is intrested please contact me.

Scot W.

Stitching

If someone wants to send me one of these I will re-make them for everyone and I have the contacts for the proper vinyl and the stitching will be A LOT straighter! Also,for sending me one (just to use), I will send it back to you with some of our products FREE! ;)

Scot W.

I have to admit that the stitching on Scott's car was pretty sad. When making these the first source who did my covering only did a few. I then went to another shop and as you can see the other pics look much better. BTW, when making these I did the best I could with the tools I had. The tan or camel must be dyed as I only made blue and gray. @ the end the correct gray was getting very hard to come by. Since GNBRETT bad mouthed them so much I don't see why anyone would want one. I was hoping he would step up to the plate and show us his skills by producing his own design. No need to copy -- design it yourself. Best of luck to anyone who makes them as I found there to be very little profit. You get 20 people wanting them --you make 20 and sell 5 right away--take the next 5 years getting the other 15 sold.---Lee

lee. i have two that you made. the one that was in my car when i crashed at bg last year was mounted good it never moved when the car got upside down, the second one i have is in the car that i purchased from your #1 son and it mounts the same as the other one. they both are a quality piece. that is my opinion of course, later, oc,:)

The tan or camel must be dyed as I only made blue and gray.

I just looked mine over closely. Its not dyed, the material is tan. The previous owner may have located a grey/blue one and had it redone/recovered. I have gotten many comments on it over the years and think there would be a decent market for it.

mount

Maybe someone already posted this and I missed it, but how are they mounted?

The frame of the holder (the ones I made) are thin gage S.S. There is a formed bracket with 3-- 90 degree bends in it welded to the frame and protuding out toward the speedo area. The large horseshoe shaped pad that surrounds the instrument panel has to be removed and there is already a vacant hole for a self tapping screw which fastens the unit to the dash. Reinstall the pad and the gage holder now fits tight up against pad. The bracket can not be seen. That and the fact that it sit atop the radio pad is all that is needed to hold it firmly in place. NO NEED for velcro.

Thanks for the vote of confidence OC, BUT

lee. i have two that you made. the one that was in my car when i crashed at bg last year was mounted good it never moved when the car got upside down, the second one i have is in the car that i purchased from your #1 son and it mounts the same as the other one. they both are a quality piece. that is my opinion of course, later, oc,:)

Saying your car was upside down is putting it mildly--more like bouncing off the wall and barrel rolling.

car

I just looked mine over closely. Its not dyed, the material is tan. The previous owner may have located a grey/blue one and had it redone/recovered. I have gotten many comments on it over the years and think there would be a decent market for it.

Did your car come from Mn? Ron Joseph may have made some different colored ones. Reason I ask about Mn. is I know a gentleman there who had a car that color. I think he bought more than one from me.

GNBRETT,
What is that sticking up out of the floor where a roll cage would normally be located?
Hot Air

Wow!! For those asking, the car in the pic was mine. The 3 gauge cluster was given to me by one of my bestest friends, Leo....It has been a while, but initially the holder was held in place by the stainless bracket and bolted behind the instrument cluster. For some reason, and I don't remember exactly why, I had to remove the bracket portion. Again, I don't remember why, and can't imagine why, but I did have to remove it for some reason. So, I used velcro to hold it to the side of the instrument cluster. Hope that clears it up....I would of liked to have put and AVC or similiar cluster in it.

Never asked you Brett, but why did you sell it? You can PM if you want...

Also, for the guy above that was asking, the cylinder shaped pieces protruding from the floor are where the tubes for the swingout of the roll bar slide down on and bolt up. Removable swingouts!

I'm gonna have to make my way up to your shop one of these days just so I can look around at all of your stuff. Something tells me I would be there a whiiiiile! :cool:

I personally think there is always a demand for gauge pods, along with most anything people can think of for our cars.

If I could think of 3 more gauges to add to my car, I would look into a pod to go to the right of the dash. But at the rate I'm going, I will have to come up with gauges that aren't even plugged in to fill the holes. :D

Maybe if you're looking to weigh down a single sheet of paper, two pages tops. LOL!
That pod is light. VERY light. And very cool looking. Pics will be up soon. :cool:

Dj, you better hurry up cause I'm gonna be there in less than a month :D I might have to see these "tucked away" items? Also, one day we need to get our cars together for a pic!

4 Gauge Cluster on top of HVAC controls

Just to add. I found a picture of this 3 gauge cluster. Anyone know where to get one like this?

Attachments

• on top of heater controls.jpg
    on top of heater controls.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 1,773
Stewart Warner used to make those. You would have to cover it with matching vinyl. Check E-Bay and be patient.
Hot Air

Scot W.

Scot, I have an extra one I can send you to duplicate if you want...LMK Scott

i bought one off lee years ago i thought it was a neat idea and it mounted perfect ....with no vel cro .. GNBRETT you sound like your a hard ass hiding behind your computer.. just curious by some of the comments you leave on here!! would love to meet you in person sometime to see if your really a smart ass or if its you just being bored on here!! i think im going to the nationals this year hope to see you there!