6.0 diesel first year production questions

I wonder why they keep falling apart in the school buses? Jeff "Hyper" what is the deal...Did we just buy the junk ones?

The 6.0 engine for 2004 will be basically unchanged except for emissions updates and injector updates...from what I hear at the plant. They also tell me that the main reason for the new engine was so that it could meet the new emission standards for 2005 or 6. I believe that starting that year the diesel has to have the same emission output as a gas motor which was not going to happen with the 7.3. Also for 2004 I hear that we are going all coil spring suspension for the super dutys and also a major interior makeover with some sheetmetal changes. I will let you know more when I hear more. One more thing is that we will have a Harley Davidson superduty painted All black, black/silver, or black/orange and really nice 18" wheels. They ran some preproduction units last week that looked real nice.

Having owned a Chevy, Ford, and now 2 Dodges, I would never look back at any other brand without a Cummins! I now have an ISBe Cummins and absolutley LOVE it!! The power is unreal, the economy is miles above my 2001 Cummins, and the fact I don't have to turn it off at every drive thru is kinda nice.

cummins

Originally posted by BoostedBug
I wonder why they keep falling apart in the school buses? Jeff "Hyper" what is the deal...Did we just buy the junk ones?

Run that duramax as hot as the dumb drivers do and see if it will last, The only failures we have had have been becasue they were run hot until they crack the heads. The drivers will not stop until it stops on it's on. Oh yea the t444e(7.3) are only in the small buses, the only engine we have that comes in a pickup and is strong enough for a big bus is the 5.9.:cool:

Re: cummins

Originally posted by Hyper
Run that duramax as hot as the dumb drivers do and see if it will last, The only failures we have had have been becasue they were run hot until they crack the heads. The drivers will not stop until it stops on it's on. Oh yea the t444e(7.3) are only in the small buses, the only engine we have that comes in a pickup and is strong enough for a big bus is the 5.9.:cool:
I'm no mechanic but sounds like a certain engine has some cooling issues. Why must a bus driver keep constant eyes on a temperature gauge when simply using the vehicle for it's intended purpose? Again, it sound like mechanical difficulties.

Jeff Jeff jeff...We still have some Detroit's that are 20 years + running...Don't stand up for those powerchokes....

Re: Re: cummins

Originally posted by TT/A1233
I'm no mechanic but sounds like a certain engine has some cooling issues. Why must a bus driver keep constant eyes on a temperature gauge when simply using the vehicle for it's intended purpose? Again, it sound like mechanical difficulties.

These drivers will keep driving when the fan belt breaks, and it does happen, There is not a heat issue with the cummins unless it is a self inficked one. The 5.9 really runs very cool until a belt or hose breaks, normal people will stop when this happens but the bus drivers will not.

Run anything without a belt and you are doomed!!!!

Re: Re: Re: cummins

Originally posted by Hyper
These drivers will keep driving when the fan belt breaks, and it does happen, There is not a heat issue with the cummins unless it is a self inficked one. The 5.9 really runs very cool until a belt or hose breaks, normal people will stop when this happens but the bus drivers will not.

Run anything without a belt and you are doomed!!!!
Ok, I'm 10-4 on that. Why are the belts and/or hoses breaking so often?