67 turbo on a 231/235cu.in

slo-joe55

Hey guys,

Is there anyone out their running a 67 series turbo on a 231 to 235cu. in motor? And if so what kind of setup and time/power (HP) have been achieved? Hope I stated this clear enough.

I have a DBB67 and I have 2 friends with the 6776 and both have been in the 10.40's
Don't have any other info.

There's a car in South Florida that has been 9.59 @141mph with a 67 P-trim turbo on an iron headed 231ci 109.

There's a car in South Florida that has been 9.59 @141mph with a 67 P-trim turbo on an iron headed 231ci 109.

Yes, and how many PSI??????????????:biggrin:

Im not one of the fastest guys, but 10.70s at 127-128 is what I ran the last time I was out. The car weighs 3750

I agree with Rmar. I believe it takes more than that with a 6776 and stock short block.

I would almost bet ya it's a little more then that....

What does it matter? It ran the number. If the combo and tune is on its not necessarily going to make much more power with more turbo. The shortblock has little to do with the engines ability to make power. Reliability is a concern but the actual hp that could be produced is not affected much by the fact the bottom end components are stock.

What does it matter? It ran the number. If the combo and tune is on its not necessarily going to make much more power with more turbo. The shortblock has little to do with the engines ability to make power. Reliability is a concern but the actual hp that could be produced is not affected much by the fact the bottom end components are stock.

Im pretty sure he's referring to the 30 lb of boost that was claimed.

from another thread

30 psi
stock shortblock no girdle no caps with a 6776 turbo, 3500 lbs.
9.50s@141

IF the 30 psi was a accurate number...... my guess is he is making the extra power with static compression.

As mentioned earlier... no caps or girdle only affects how many passes he can get before he has to pick up the pieces with a broom and a dustpan.

At that power level...... the fuse is barely sticking out of the stick of dynomite. One burp.... one fart..... it will come to pieces.

IF the 30 psi was a accurate number...... my guess is he is making the extra power with static compression.

As mentioned earlier... no caps or girdle only affects how many passes he can get before he has to pick up the pieces with a broom and a dustpan.

At that power level...... the fuse is barely sticking out of the stick of dynomite. One burp.... one fart..... it will come to pieces.

stock compression here . Stock crank, rods and those garbage Diamond pistons. RJC girdle. Motor has well over 20k on it . 138+ in street trim :cool:

One burp.... one fart..... it will come to pieces. It will do that with every car when ya detonate the crap outta them :eek: . Are they all gonna blow up ???? YUP !!!! sooner or later it is goin to happen. Like I preach over and over.. when ya drive them on the street you will see problems as they rear their ugly heads :p I can't believe the pounding these engines can take with the stock"junk" in them :biggrin:

3660#r ;-)

67 Turbos are GREAT !!!!

Is there a thread out there on this?

John, the only threads I could find is the one where Laz posted when it ran 9.7 @137mph and the video of the pass.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/turbo-lounge/308696-pbir-testing.html?highlight=jesus+manny

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/tu...7-jesuss-9-78-pass-mannys-8-30-pass-pbir.html

I don't know why everybody is so worried about how much boost. Hell, if it takes 50psi to get it done and you can do it more power to ya! Boost is just a number!:cool:

I've got a new non-billet 6776 dbb in the garage that I'm gonna sit on top of a stroker motor, I'll have numbers in the spring.