6776 track results....

87NAT

In Between GN's
I posted in the alky section also.

Went out yesterday but could never make a full 1/4 mile pass.

1.58 60 foot
7.2@95 mph 1/8 mile

I would get a knock build up once I would get into thrid gear of up to 9 degrees. I got out of it and ran some high 11.90's @90 mph. THis was the scenario for all 5 passes. I played with the WOT fuel and alky but the knock always showed up.

All runs at 22-23 psi. 24.1 & 21 degrees timing. Wideband showing a/f spikes in third gear up to 12.9-13.0. Other than that the a/f #'s were in the mid 10's. Alky was pretty much maxed out. I didnt have FP guage on the windsheild...I could be leaning out on the top and having FP issues. I will check that this week.

All in all I am very satified with the 60 foot and 1/8 mile times for such a conservative boost level. I was leaving at 5 psi on the footbrake and it would instantly spool to 22 psi.:eek:

Give me some input on that third gear knock buildup. Please ask for any other data I left out.

Input...

Ur still a little slow to the 1/8th, especially with that good 60ft. U should at least be 7.0 at the 1/8th at 97-98 mph at that point if not quicker. My guess is that the problem is starting before the 1/8th. I would also guess that U were on the way to an 11.50 pass if U had stayed in it.

Ur still a little slow to the 1/8th, especially with that good 60ft. U should at least be 7.0 at the 1/8th at 97-98 mph at that point if not quicker. My guess is that the problem is starting before the 1/8th. I would also guess that U were on the way to an 11.50 pass if U had stayed in it.

My 95 mph was only one run the other runs were at 90 mph in the 1/8. I know I have a problem somewhere for sure. It runs good on the street but at the track is where the gremlins come out.:mad: Once that motor is under load and hooking up the troubleshooting starts.....

Ed,

Have you run your car out of gas?
These pumps seem to be sensitive to that deed.
With 60s, a working pump and alky you should not be going lean.

Ed,

Have you run your car out of gas?
These pumps seem to be sensitive to that deed.
With 60s, a working pump and alky you should not be going lean.

I know I shouldnt be lean and the a/f numbers (mid 10's)were real good until third then they would spike to the high 12's and the audible sensor started screaming.
I will check the FP under WOT. Until then everything else is guesswork.:redface:

Along with what everyone else has mentioned...

I agree, you should be atleast 7.0 1/8th mile with that 60' and your boost level, which would put you right around 10.90-11.00.

What rpm is your car shifting at?

My buddy has a 208/212 cam with the 6776dbb and he went 7.0 1/8th on about the same amount of boost with otherwise stock internals... and he had a 1.61 60'.

Its pulling to about 6000 rpms on the shifts. I am in third gear by the 1/8 mile mark..dont know if thats right or not. New engine and cam and converter....

What I am realizing is that is not dropping alot of rpms between shifts. I know it is supposed to drop at leat 800 to 1000...correct?

Sounds like the converter needs to be tightened. If it's spooling that well you could swap to the 2800 converter with the power your making.

Sounds like the converter needs to be tightened. If it's spooling that well you could swap to the 2800 converter with the power your making.

You think I am driving thru the converter Dusty?

I was at 6000 rpms right after the 1/8 mile mark and it sure seemed like it was a long way to the traps to hold that powerband. I got out of it becasue of the knock so I really dont know what it would have done.

I was at 6000 rpms right after the 1/8 mile mark and it sure seemed like it was a long way to the traps to hold that powerband. I got out of it becasue of the knock so I really dont know what it would have done.

That's definately what it sounds like. The 67 is a potent turbo capable of some big power and it's probably too much for that stall.

I know these were not the best examples of runs, but do you have any idea what the converter slip was?

I just ordered the 2800 convertor from Dusty today so I'll let you know how it does in a few weeks when new trans goes in. :biggrin:

Is your engine stock heads/intake/internals/231cu? Just wondering what the capabilities are of a stock unopened engine is. :confused:

There's no chance the alky pump is doing something wierd in third gear is there? Could run some 116 to see if it still does it with alky off, just a thought. I have 60lb with big alky nozzel and have to pull 28% out a WOT.

I know these were not the best examples of runs, but do you have any idea what the converter slip was?

After talking on the phone with Dusty and looking back at my data logs I would say that my converter is a BIG part of the problem. One website(TCI) has my slippage at 29% and another site has it 25%. :eek: I dont know if having the RPM's pegged so quick and for so long would cause the knock/lean spike...maybe someone can chime in a let me know. In any case I will be pulling that converter and getting it tightened up.

i wondering if some of his time issues could be leaving the line with only 5psi
what size tires are you running ? 87nat .

After talking on the phone with Dusty and looking back at my data logs I would say that my converter is a BIG part of the problem. One website(TCI) has my slippage at 29% and another site has it 25%. :eek: I dont know if having the RPM's pegged so quick and for so long would cause the knock/lean spike...maybe someone can chime in a let me know. In any case I will be pulling that converter and getting it tightened up.

Post back once you get it dialed in. Should run a lot better. I would think your car would go over 100 easy in the 1/8 once it is dialed in.

Let me know if you would be interested in trading for a .85 housing. I would like to go with a 63 and keep the converter tighter. Mine has a couple hundred miles on it, the housing is still clean, no rust. The wastegate hole has not been ported yet either.

Talked to Damon who has the same 3200 converter. He's seeing 600 rpm drop in the 11.0 range so it's definately odd that your blowing through yours. We'll get yours open and make sure nothings laid over.

This is a rare case but it's not the first time a converter in a 200r application seems out in left field. I have had 2 other instances where the converter looked new on the inside but the stall was off quite a bit from where it should be. I have not been able to find any answers as far as if the converter feed is different or what may cause this. This only seems to be the case with 200r trannies. I have not ran across this with the T-400 stuff.