air fuel probs

turbovader

I have a 87 gn and I'm trying to trouble shoot the problem I'm having with my car. The car won't run due to it getting to much gas upon starting it and soaking the plugs with gas. Any one have any info in what may be the problem?

Whats done to the car, we need more info on what led up to your problem.

Well I just got the car I don't know much about what mods it has from what I can see a fuel pressure reg some type of boost adjustment under the hood I don't know much about fuel injection or computer cars. I had a 1968 camaro 12 second street car all I know is carb stuff. I got the car for a good deal and I wanted to get back into sport. If possible maybe I can talk to some one on the phone it would be much easier to explain.

Well 1st of all did you look at the spark plugs, are they wet, do you have spark?

1. do you hear the fuel pump run for 3 seconds when you turn the key on?
2. does the service engine soon light come on when you turn the key on?
3. If the plugs are wet you need to pull them out and let them dry out for a few hours or put new plugs in.
4. If the battery voltage is low the car can flood easily even though it cranks over. Whats the battery voltage?

Ya I took old plugs out super black so it was running super rich. I replaced all the plugs got it started it ran rough and smoked a bit the car has been sitting for over a year. After I git it started it would not run any more I pulled some plugs out they where wet with gas then o replaced the coolant temp sensor still soaks the plugs. And won't run.

Did you get the service engine light on while it was running? Really need to check the fuel pressure with the key on if you have a gauge, excessive fuel psi could flood it, or even the tps set wrong, or the maf gone bad, but they will usually code out after running quick. All 6 plugs were soaked?

Can you get a voltmeter handy to check a few things? put it on dc volts and check the voltage between the center blue wire of the tps sensor and ground with the tps plugged in and igntion on. ANyway to check your fuel pressure?

I don't have one right now. Th battery is new. And I just looked the service engine light is on and the fuel pump seems to be clicking on and off and builds up the about 30 psi .

Should be seeing about 35-37 psi. Bypass the fuel pump by taking the hood light wire (brown) and connecting it to the wiring hanging beside the alternator. Grey wire with a black connector. The fuel pump should run as soon as you plug the wire in. Check the pressure. The ecm/ or chip could be have gone bad but its rare, or it could be the maf sensor, see if the car runs with it unplugged

OK, that's a good sign. If all you sensor are fine, it could be the ecm/chip

No its normal it should run for about 3 seconds and stop, until you cycle the key again.

The fuel pump keeps clicking on and off constantly after the 3 second run time? with the key on, and doing nothing else?

Check the connection of the thin orange wire at the battery terrminal and open and close the connector with the key off. Turn the key on see if any change. Check the wires at the ecm that they are not loose, pull in and out the big plugs with the key off. Retry

It is located on the passenger kick panel where your feet go. You need to pull out the small grey plastic plugs with a pliers carefully 1st. Check for green corrosion inside the ecm connectors and ecm.