air fuel probs

The plastic cover holding the ecm in has a plastic button at the bottom and top front, sometimes they are missing from people breaking them, did you get to the ecm?

Have you managed to try and get the fuel pump running continuously? Can you find the hood light wire and connector 1st of all?

I Don;t have a long distance plan to CA.:( But your welcome to call me.

There are two big black connectors on top of the ecm, sometimes they clips are blue and grey, you can't miss them. BUt I want you to get the fuel pump running constantly by plugging in the power wire from the underhood light to the gray wire with black connector at the back of the alternator, and try and start the car.

The wire at the hood light or the one near the alternator?

There should be a dark gray wire with a black connector coming out behind the alternator, out of the big plastic conduit near #1 cylinder. If you find the green connector with 2 white wires it will be beside that. don;t plug anything in the green connector that is for tach signal.

but the fuel pump is running constantly? HOw old is the gas it could just be bad gas! Are you sure you have spark at the plugs?

DId the car ever run before/ when you bought it? ? maybe a kill switch of some kind maybe, What mods does the car have it any? a bad ground or mest up hotwire kit could maybe be at fault. Your fuel pump relay also might be toast or wrong CHIP/ECM maybe. I hate to just toss out ideas but I rather try to help some.

if you have a digital camera, taking some pictures will help a lot. You can post them here and we can look for issues. The group of guys on here know these cars really well.

Some things to check:

All the airflow hoses, all the way from the air filter can, thru the turbo, thru the intercooler, into the throttle. Make sure they are in place and not broken.

Take a picture of the MAF sensor, it is between the air intake can on the drivers side at the front, If the MAF has been replaced with an incorrect type, the car will run rich.

You said the plugs are all wet/black, this is actually a good sign, that all the cylinders are being controlled the same.

the ECM is behind the kick panel on the passenger side floor, these cars sometimes develop leaks which will cause water to drip into the ecm, corroding it and the wiring.

Do you know if any work has been done? we may want to double check it.

If its been sitting, have you changed the old oil? how old is the gas?

Take some pictures of the engine compartment and let us take a look.

Bob

I had a car once had the same symptoms..... the ecm was corroded inside from water leaking.

Gas is over year old but I put new 91 and octain booster in with fuel injection cleaner. Fuel pump does not run constantly

So its your fuel pump itself or bad ground, relay even fuse, something with power getting to it. Check all, Also clean up the contacts on ground wires, take them off with battery out or off. Use steel wool or something to clean up contact areas, bolt back down right Tq. Replace your Pump relay, about 10$ at local parts store.

Might even be a bad fuel sock come to think of it,clogged sock or filter. Did you do a tune up at all?