Alky injection.

Just remember the internet is the biggest place for ) (deleted). So be careful what you beleive and research. .

Lou, remember you cant love others unless you love yourself first :D

Hope your doing well.
Although I suffer from 22 years of Buick exposure I'm doing quite well thank you. Now I only hope that scum meanchicken appreciates the historical significance of your visit here. I pray that you overcome & achieve 100% & total perfection & don't be such a stranger. Regards Lou

Although I suffer from 22 years of Buick exposure I'm doing quite well thank you. Now I only hope that scum meanchicken appreciates the historical significance of your visit here. I pray that you overcome & achieve 100% & total perfection & don't be such a stranger. Regards Lou

Lou,

Sorry I didnt call you back, I am at work, and not have had much free time. Hope to call you later or sometime tomorrow. Thanks for the info and the phone call. Talk to you soon.

Lou, remember you cant love others unless you love yourself first :D

Hope your doing well.

I think Lou can relate to that "...love yourself first..." Part in his own similar....yet totally different way.

:-o
:)

....he's a spunky old timer and a real hands on kinda guy from what the sheep tell us.

Sorry pappa Lou....I tried not to...I normally have complete respect for my elders...but I could't let that go by after seeing you call me ...scum. Such a hurtful thing to say right after Donny told me to keep away from his car. Kick a guy while he's down.

No hard feelings I hope.
I'll go back to respecting you now.

Have I recenly told anyone what a great guy Lou is?
What a great guy Lou is!

I think Lou can relate to that "...love yourself first..." Part in his own similar....yet totally different way.

:-o

....he's a spunky old timer and a real hands on kinda guy from what the sheep tell us.

Sorry pappa Lou....I tried not to...I normally have complete respect for my elders...but I could't let that go by after seeing you call me ...scum. Such a hurtful thing to say right after Donny told me to keep away from his car. Kick a guy while he's down.

No hard feelings I hope.
I'll go back to respecting you now.

Have I recenly told anyone what a great guy Lou is?
What a great guy Lou is!

Chickenman your a good sport & have a sense of humour Lot of good helpful technical info from both Razor & Pablo

my $.02

I went with razor's kit, I've been sidetracked with all kinds of other stuff and was also waiting on a map sensor... so in car wiring comes tomorrow...

After my research I found most everyone that bought it was overwhelmingly happy with it and found it well worth the money! Now, from my point of view, I opened it up and thought "damn, that's a lot of stuff for the price!" I mean, he included solder and zip ties... even had teflon tape already on the fittings, so you just had to screw the fittings on! I guess the kitchen sink was too expensive for shipping, huh?

I don't know about the other kits, but I'll say this, it'd be hard to find someone NOT happy with this kit after receiving it. Even the instructions made me smile, most instructions are like "1. unplug battery 2. install 3. plug battery back and test." These are detailed.

And thanks guys for the technical info, this is a good thread for reading!

Wholly flashbacks Batman...
I do like in post #20 where Meanchicken says that his goals are 12s.:rolleyes:
I laughed then, and I laugh now. :D
This is still a good and relevant read after five years.

I was just searching on people who had experienced leaky Razor's Alky pump. Mine is leaking and it needs rebuilt. I talked to the guy who installed it and he told me that it was recommended that it be rebuilt every 2 years. I talked to Julio and he said it was $92 to have it rebuilt. I personally don't mind spending the $92 every 2 years if I have invested 7 or 8k in a motor. It is a small investment to protect your engine. I'm in process of starting a rebuild and I am thinking of going one step further and running E85 too. My wife is giving me one last chance to invest money in the engine, so if the engine gets FUBARed again I will be out $8k and $13k I paid for the car minus what I would get for parting it out.

Yup!
They do seem to leak after a few years and need to get a few seals replaced. Alcohol (methanol) is very corrosive stuff. For the 99% of us that just want a plug and play Alky system that they can trust their high dollar TB engine to, Razor is still my first pick. I've been running his kit on my ten second GN for five years with ZERO issues. His customer service and Turbo Buick support is still second to none. It was then and it still is now.:)

Mike Barnard

Edit... maybe i should have read the priors more before posting, anyhow, for the archives...
I really like my prog SMC. i run 20psi boost with 91 oct and 22 deg timing, no knock using straight meth. Only issue ive had is on hot days (95+) the pump can loose prime cause of the meth vaporizing on the pump suction line. i usually see this when the car is hot and it sits for a bit. like if i run into a store or something. ive got to hit the prime button again or else i get no spray and major knock when i jump on it. I have not tried a 50/50 mix yet to see if that fixes it. it should because the boiling point will be higher. will test this summer. It would also help to mount the pump lower than the tank like the Razor kit. that would elimiate the vapor pocket.
Just an FYI for the SMC
Andrew

Yup!
They do seem to leak after a few years and need to get a few seals replaced. Alcohol (methanol) is very corrosive stuff. For the 99% of us that just want a plug and play Alky system that they can trust their high dollar TB engine to, Razor is still my first pick. I've been running his kit on my ten second GN for five years with ZERO issues. His customer service and Turbo Buick support is still second to none. It was then and it still is now.:)

Mike Barnard
I've talked to Julio several times and he has always been able to answer my questions or help me.

YA...that plan went wrong when I ran my first 11 LOL....now I'm "10's capable" but they're shutting all the tracks down...grrrrrr