Alky Vs Racegas!!!

white88montess

'08 is when she will come
state your opinion and list reasoning for your choice.....

The reason i started this thread was because i saw that there seemed to be alot of interesting point of views on both of these methods and it seemed as though starting a thread "specifically" for this would be the thing to do so wsln 6's thread wouldnt be hijacked(not saying n e one did just trying to prevent it) well lets see what everyone has to say:cool:

oops somebody said it again...................

well this is going to be a another $hitty thread. :D

i just had to turn the boost up huh???? lol lets see if i get knock retard:D....seriously it seems like from what i've read both sides have various reasons for their methods and i want to see if we can get to the bottom of this...as in whats "what" and not so much as to personal preference....WHAT IM TRYING TO SAY IS I WANT FACTS!!!

I have come to the conclusion that you should run good gas and alky once you start turning the boost past 20.

weed.gif
bees_small.jpg

No More....

1. Draining my pump gas to add race fuel at the track
2. Trying to play with the boost adjustment due to mixing race fuel and 93
3. Getting beat because I was de-tuned on 93.
4. Sad look on my face when the race fuel supplier is out of C-16
5. Spending $62.00 for five stinking gallons, that you burn going to work and crusing, because the guy you were going to race changed his mind!

I see a lot of street cars being built to PERFORM on pump gas. Not Race Fuel.
The SRT cars, 03-04 Cobras, Evo/Wrx cars, and Cam and Headed LS-1/LS-2, all would give most of us hell if we were stripped of race fuel.

1. Draining my pump gas to add race fuel at the track
2. Trying to play with the boost adjustment due to mixing race fuel and 93
3. Getting beat because I was de-tuned on 93.
4. Sad look on my face when the race fuel supplier is out of C-16
5. Spending $62.00 for five stinking gallons, that you burn going to work and crusing, because the guy you were going to race changed his mind!

I don't have those problems anymore thanks to my SDFI system.:D

lol......where are my race gas guys????

Steady diet of 100+ here....:biggrin:

150 passes + an equal or better amount of steet races / encounters over the past 18 years and 80k of hard driving at boost levels ranging from 20-30+ psi...all on the factory headgaskets.

Needless to say I'm sold on triple digit octane..........its not mechanical so it won't fail.

flame suit on.......:biggrin:

Steady diet of 100+ here....:biggrin:

150 passes + an equal or better amount of steet races / encounters over the past 18 years and 80k of hard driving at boost levels ranging from 20-30+ psi...all on the factory headgaskets.

Needless to say I'm sold on triple digit octane..........its not mechanical so it won't fail.

flame suit on.......:biggrin:

*waits to see whom will strike the flint*:D

24psi here on 91 octane and steady diet of alky, is all in the tune, AF in the 11's flat, car is fast as hell. long live alky.

24psi here on 91 octane and steady diet of alky, is all in the tune, AF in the 11's flat, car is fast as hell. long live alky.

not trying to sound biased but next year when i acquire my gn i was actually leaning towards an alky kit :biggrin:...racing gas would be out of the question...college costs money meth is cheap and i also have access to a close hardware store friend and can get denatured for a little bit of nothing... i have "good" 93 octane readily availible down here in Georgia :cool:.... so how many degrees of knock are you getting?

I can run 21psi and 23*/21* timing on pump gas and alky with no knock retard.

I use to run 100 octane but the cost was outrageous compared to buying an alky kit and keeping it filled. I am extremely happy with my alky kit.

I don't have those problems anymore thanks to my SDFI system.:D

I admire you dual fuel system, even thought about it for my own car. But, I seen the light... the alky. Bet you spent more than $500 to dual fuel it, and it wasn't sent to you in a complete kit with instructions and Great Tech Support. I would kinda say you are on the Alky Side because you are armed only when needed like us. Not wasting pricey octane.