Am i the first to convert to round headlights???? look, pics

GS70350

Round Headlights.Like em?
Ok guys, a friend suggested that round lights would look good in my car, and set it off from the mob of black GNs that look all too similar at events. I have no problem with the similarity, or the fact that we all do the same thing. It only shows that what is done must be very good if so many people do it, right? i mean, ricers choose body kits, but not all the same ones, cause there isnt a "best", but with us, we have the "best" right? anyway, check out the pictures. bought the lights from a BMW M3 in a junkyard, pretty easy to do, dont know if i like it, it doesnt look bad, but all i can conclude is its different ????? let me know

www.insanelyquick.20fr.com/roundlights.jpg

www.insanelyquick.20fr.com/roundlight.jpg

what's next, a wing?

ugly......waaay ugly!

and maybe this does not belong in the tech area?

It only shows that what is done must be very good if so many people do it, right?

i pray for your gn :D,

but really its your car do whatcha want to it. i dont personally like it but if its your thing go for it. by the way what kind of car does your friend drive?

"what's next, a wing? "

Yes, actually, a very nice stylish wing. Its on your trunk foo, unless you swapped the stocker for somethin else.

ugly......waaay ugly!

Ok, looks like no one likes it, im not sure myself what it looks like, i cant say its butt ugly, waaay ugly, but its wierd, may not belong on a TR, but i sure like the lights in some of the BMWs.

and maybe this does not belong in the tech area?

Sure it does, technical advice on turbo regals, this is a technical deal, i used my technical expertise to swap out headlights for something way different that never was intended to fit a turbo regal header panel, takes some ingenuity and experience to do something of this mangitude, lol.

Keep shootin opinions, and dont go crazy on my @$$ over my headlights, its just a trial.

I think they're kinda aggressive looking...Mad Maxish. I wouldn't want em on my GN since it's low miles looks stock, but on a custom look, I'd sport around for a while with em.

And I agree...this is acceptable for the Tech Section.

OK guys, does this mean i should put some squares in my GS you see in the background? its got these round ones. lol. na, im just kidding. i do wanna see if anyone likes em at all though, i do think they look different, but certainly not ugly, just different and perhaps out of place on this car.

keep postin

Kinda like to see a picture from a distance. Jury for me is still out.
I think most will not like. It's not gaudy or ricey just different.

I don't like it.

Even though you got them to fit in the spaces available, what do they look like close up? Are there gaps between the lights and the trim?

I'd say put it back to stock.

-Banning.

Kudos to you brother!!!

Your car definetily stands out from the crowd. Imagine this, a whole bunch of GN's lined up at a parking lot. Who will get alot of attention? :)

I could not view the second pic, but from what i see in the first one it looks very aggressive and hitech to me, which is what i am trying to do. I saved that pic in my GN archive of custom mods.

Can you give more info on how you did it , and maybe snap a brighter picture?

I myself bought clear crystal cut square headlamps and changed the headlight harness to accept H4 bulbs for that HID look. Also switched the amber bumper turn signals to clear. Now i am trying to clear out the front turn signals by removing the yellow lens inserts in them. The results so far are crisp and cleaner looking than the factory. Will post pics up soon.

Good work in thinking outside the box :)

Originally posted by dpok69
Your car definetily stands out from the crowd. Imagine this, a whole bunch of GN's lined up at a parking lot. Who will get alot of attention? :)
yea, most likely not because they like it, but surely it would be the source of alot of trash talk throughout the show.

Can you give more info on how you did it , and maybe snap a brighter picture?
Ill try and snap some daylight pictures of it tommorow, it was getting late though today, and pictures just dont show as well at night. Its pretty simple to do, just take a dremel and cut a small slit ad the bottom of the header panel. Its not necessary to do, and it wasnt done when the pics were taken, but it gives the lights a way to drop down some more for that "cut off bottom of a circle BMW look". basically, find some headlight buckets and lights off a old BMW or whatever else in the junkyard, and the buckets fit in the holes pretty easy, so do the lights, not too much sanding/removing of material. then just snap the headlight bezel back over it and either put a backing on it to fill the voids, or just paint whatever is behind there black.

The results so far are crisp and cleaner looking than the factory. Will post pics up soon.
send me some pics when you get some, id like to see the clear lights
Good work in thinking outside the box :)

LOL. double meaning there, that was a good one. thanks for the laugh

Originally posted by TurboV6
What year BMW did the light come out from? Bi-Xeon?

mid 80s m series, actually a nice little car in the yard, hated to remove the lights, but 5 bucks for the lights, buckets, and regal bezels was just to cheap to pass up. Actually i thought the lights would work in my vw rabbit, but they are smaller diameter.

Except for tinting the windows, it should be illegal to modify the outside of a GN.

I was almost afraid to look......cringing the entire time it took my slow a$$ modem to load.

I wish I had the money to buy up ALL remaining GN's so they don't suffer the same fate:rolleyes:

I guess you can put me in the "don't like it" column:D

Originally posted by J Banning
I don't like it.

Even though you got them to fit in the spaces available, what do they look like close up? Are there gaps between the lights and the trim?

I'd say put it back to stock.

-Banning.

You wanted opinions-i agree with this one---I don't like.

Geoff

I think it looks good. FWIW, that's pretty much what Dodge did to the Ram1500 in 2002: a rounded effect but retaining the rectangular housing so to speak. Clear turn lenses would help tie it in. Maybe a set of clear headlight covers would reduce the "shock" value and retain the essence of the rectangular housing. Good job. Are they HID type lights?