Am i the first to convert to round headlights???? look, pics

Ok, take a car that is ENTIRELY square except for the tires and put on round headlights. NOT!

IMO, it looks goofy.

Now, it you could put in aero headlights like the 87 Cutlass. That might look good.

I'm O.K. with being "different", but dude, put some dice on your rear view or something. Those things look ugly. :eek:

Just my opinion. :cool:

I don't know if I'd do that to my GN, but I'll give ya credit for thinkin' outside the box. As someone else said, it's your car you do what you want.

As for making it illegal to change the outside of a GN except for tinted windows??? That's a little silly. Rims?? Emblems or no emblems?? GNX louvers or no?? Single or dual pipes??

Remember, it's always this type of innovative thinking that's kept our hobby going strong... like it or not.

Originally posted by gn85
I don't know if I'd do that to my GN, but I'll give ya credit for thinkin' outside the box. As someone else said, it's your car you do what you want.

As for making it illegal to change the outside of a GN except for tinted windows??? That's a little silly. Rims?? Emblems or no emblems?? GNX louvers or no?? Single or dual pipes??

Remember, it's always this type of innovative thinking that's kept our hobby going strong... like it or not.

I didn't mean literally illegal. I don't want any laws against it, lol. :) Rims are ok (although I like 86/87 GN rims, and GNX ones too) to change I guess. Emblems should always stay on. There's enought stupid people who think a GN is a Monte Carlo with the emblems on, so better to educate them. GNX louvers? Nah. Looks great, but takes away from a real GNX, and except for Star Wars, I hate clones. :) I would'nt consider the exhaust as the outside of the car. It's underneth, and except for the tail pipes, it doesn't even show. Oh yeah, people who modify the hood or add a wing or white racing stripes to a GN should all be lined up and shot, and that I'm not joking about. :)

My first question would be why? My next question when is the Clear Tailights and the 200 MPH spoiler going in? Oh yeah and the 6 Inch exhaust tip?

But hey.. Its your ride do as you wish...no one here paid for that car nor maintains it for you so have fun.. I think the general opinion would be negative...but creative.:confused:

Originally posted by TurboTer
Except for tinting the windows, it should be illegal to modify the outside of a GN.

What you need is a full set of 215/65-15 Goodyears. :D

Originally posted by scottyb
What you need is a full set of 215/65-15 Goodyears. :D

Oh, I'm sorry, I totally forgot about tires. Adding 275's to the rear is not only fine with me on a GN, it is encouraged. :)

Hey i like the round Lights....I would like more info so I can do the conversion to my Limited. I was thinking of the round low beams and then putting some little driving lights in the high beam area...Cool Idea...

reminds me of a volkswagon definatly takes away from the "badassness" when looking at it from the front.

Oh, I'm sorry, I totally forgot about tires. Adding 275's to the rear is not only fine with me on a GN, it is encouraged. :)

Tires and wheels don't really qualify as outside modifications in my book, "the big book o' modifications":D , they are drivetrain mods:)

I am sorry but it just doesnt do it for me,there is a guy here in omaha with an 87 gn with pogo rims and dual 5 inch coffee can exaust and it just pains me to see this.please come back to the dark side.Not that this is the same thing but I have seen many early vettes with butchered fenderwells and that just sucks.

Well, I kinda like it. I would like to see some more pics in better lighting aswell please :)

Originally posted by TRYMY231S
I'm not educated enough to put in writing how much I loathe those lights.

I am not educated enough to know what loathe means. . . . . i feel deprived.

For your information i have 225/60/ZR15s on my stock 87 GN wheels. The tires are Yokohama AVS, with extremely stiff sidewalls, and high speed rating, practically stock overall diameter, and a fair amount wider. They are very sticky with 150 treadwear rating, and AAA traction. I dont care what you think about tires, the 275/50 BFGs may have looked cooler, and cost more, but they dont get the traction that these tires do. just a thought. They have a really aggressive tread pattern to em too.

Please get it out of your mind that this is a "rice" modification, ive never seen any ricer install round headlights in their cars. i think this is in a completely different field from rice. Still dark side, my cars still black right? I have done no mod that can be For those who asked ill either take em out, or try and take some more pictures, cant decide right now.

Thanks for the opinions

Except for tinting the windows, it should be illegal to modify the outside of a GN.

Good thing its a T Type.;) Its different, but I prefer the stock lights.

:rolleyes:
I give credit for thinking outside the box.
I can't get the pics to download.
I use Cibie H4 lights.
The round lights in my Pontiac DO put out more light than the square lights in the TR, but not enough to warrant ME doing that much work.

Me like. The general public is clueless to the capabilities of the GN much less a Ttype, so this mod just keeps 'em guessing even more. And knowing Jacob's meticulous ways, this mod will be totally reversible without any permanent adulterations.