And so it begins!! started the teardown today.....

and a few more.....

Attachments

• Grand National 175.jpg
    Grand National 175.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 495
  • Grand National 176.jpg
    Grand National 176.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 497
  • Grand National 186.jpg
    Grand National 186.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 495
  • Grand National 187.jpg
    Grand National 187.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 502
I do not carry a spare tire in this car, Has anybody on this board removed the spare tire well?? I do put a gallon of oil, some rags and a funnel in there, But im certain I could dream up something better for that....:rolleyes:

You folks sure do get some rust over there! Thanks for keeping us posted! :cool:

Yeah, the joys of minnesota! Its not as bad as it looks, just light scale at some of the seams, nothing that was a problem or that ate anything away underneath, there was a spot on each side where the trunk floor meets the wheel well where it has some rust that is nearly through, maybe an inch and a half by one inch, easy fix, ill be repairing that today, ill post some pictures as I do!:D

Mine will be lucky if it even runs again this year, LOL! I'm hoping to at least get the body work done. If I actually have it painted I will be extremely pleased. I have no plans on cruising this year unfortunately. No biggie. As long as I have the body patched up and the body is bolted to the frame I'll call it a job well done with the all the rust repair I have. I'll try posting some more teardown pics when I get a little more done:) Might wanna consider a little por15 where the surface rust is.

Looks like its coming along well. I wish I had the time to remove the body from my frame but I ran out of money building the motor and trans.

Might wanna consider a little por15 where the surface rust is.

I bought a gallon of POR 15, I will be painting the entire bottom of the body, Then im going to spray it with semi-gloss black plastic undercoat! Should look good, hoping to have the bottom of the body done by the end of July:biggrin:

Looks like its coming along well. I wish I had the time to remove the body from my frame but I ran out of money building the motor and trans.

I feel that, since this project involves the entire car the parts list is a mile long.....So when I have extra funds around I jump on Gbody parts and order some stuff, I have everything to assemble the chassis once its ready minus lines and brakes since im still undecided on what brakes to use, I want some big brakes but I dont want wilwood or something with expensive parts.....I want some GM factory 12" stuff all the way around but have no good straight answers on what to use since there are so many opinions and methods!!!:biggrin:

Another update, Still working on the frame...:eek: I have decided to weld up all slots and holes that are unused.....Its gonna be a project but will look awesome when compete:biggrin: I did the passanger rear framehorn today, turned put excelent.....Heres a few pics or the rh rear horn:D

Attachments

• Grand National 190.jpg
    Grand National 190.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 607
  • Grand National 192.jpg
    Grand National 192.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 603
  • Grand National 193.jpg
    Grand National 193.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 608
  • Grand National 194.jpg
    Grand National 194.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 605
Glad SOMEONE's frame is coming along good. Just got got done chipping off the loose crap and I got a rotton spot at the endof the rear of the frame. Got a question for ya. Would you happen to know the CORRECT way of installing the frame washers? I'm gonna start a thread but thought I'd ask beings I'm here and you're there. Could you do a favor for me and check thickness on the rear of the frame so I can get the right guage metal? Doesn't look too thick!! Looks great by the way:cool: Have you thought about doing the s10 front brakes? Saw the whole setup in the parts section.

Glad SOMEONE's frame is coming along good. Just got got done chipping off the loose crap and I got a rotton spot at the endof the rear of the frame. Got a question for ya. Would you happen to know the CORRECT way of installing the frame washers? I'm gonna start a thread but thought I'd ask beings I'm here and you're there. Could you do a favor for me and check thickness on the rear of the frame so I can get the right guage metal? Doesn't look too thick!! Looks great by the way:cool: Have you thought about doing the s10 front brakes? Saw the whole setup in the parts section.

G-body parts sells frame washers, cheap and worth the money, I had to do 2 in mine...Just try to find the center as best as possible, lay the washer on the frame, line it up, trace the outside edge, cut out the rusty stuff and burn it in! I ran the S10 Blazer brakes, Just sold them, Im going to the the front B-body spindles and 1LE 12' rotors up front and the 11.75 LS1 rears, should be a healthy step up from the previous setup.....:biggrin:

Looking good !!! My frame is at a similar stage and that little detail stuff is what seems to take forever.