Any El Camino hybrids out there?

Hi Gang,

Thought I would have a good ride by now('84 ElKy with T-6 motor). Planned to get most of the work done at a local shop befoe I went into Surgery for a bad Knee.
Due to porr choice of Engine supplier, and overworked local shop, I am still wating, now with knee suspended from bedpost.
Things are moving very slowly, so at this rate, I should be riding by Jan/Feb.
Once I get some pix I can post, and figure out how to do it, I will put something on the site. You uys are a greeat source of goo info. Kep up the good work. Anyone get through S.W. Florida, give a yell, 941-626-0552.

Sam

got mine done this summer....check sig for all mods...runs well...alot of work to do right....may want to move to another project though ...would maybe want to sell motor and trans and all related GN stuff ;w/harness,p/master,I/C,niot sure about the dash....i think i want to keep the alky kit. may trade for another motor.... maybe just thinking outload

Attachments

• DSC00024.jpg
    DSC00024.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 258
Looks really good. Now I want to get up, hobble down to the shop, and get mine up and running. Wll have to wait at least another month.

Got anymore pix??

Sam

it runs fine,eric at turbo-tweak made a very nice chip for it. i dont race it at the track but i have a friend with an 03 lightning that i did race..he had a smaller blower pully,chip and exhaust and i had boost at about 26 and they wher about even from a roll....the converter is pretty tight so i dont thinkit would be much of a drag car..but around town and to the local shows its fun..but its been a 3 yr. project and after their done..i tend to loose interest.so,maybe in the spring i will get serious and list it in proper sections for sale.

Sounds really interesting. I am building a strickly street 'Round Town Hauler', sort of. Will try to find out about the custom chip once I am up and running. Shooting for about 350hp, normal bost?

Have most of the remains of an '82 El Camino that I started with if you need the next project. Are you anywhere near S.W. Florida?

Will be selling all or parts to clear garage, onc this one is up and running. Everything but drive train.

Good Luck.

Sam