Any El Camino hybrids out there?

I wish I could say, but I have no knowledge about the Blazer stuff. My best advice would be to contact Eric Fischer, aka Turbofish38. He's a GM parts guy, well versed in both turbo Buicks (he has one) and GM parts in general (it's his job). Look in the members list link and you will find him. Additionally, check the gnttype.org site and look up Ken Mosher. He's the guy that suggested the Blazer stuff in the first place.

I wish I could say, but I have no knowledge about the Blazer stuff. My best advice would be to contact Eric Fischer, aka Turbofish38. He's a GM parts guy, well versed in both turbo Buicks (he has one) and GM parts in general (it's his job). Look in the members list link and you will find him. Additionally, check the gnttype.org site and look up Ken Mosher. He's the guy that suggested the Blazer stuff in the first place.

I PM'd Eric Fischer. He said he'll check a few things for me.

I guess the worst case will be to lay the two tanks next to each other and see what I can come up with. Gotta be able to make something work.

Will find Ken Mosher. Was there an article about it at all or did he just mention it in a thread?

and yeah, the El Camino is really clean. The guy I bought it off of years ago (I was 17 at the time, man that's been a while) spent a LOT of money on the paint.

It has been in a garage since I sold it to the current owner. I think it has a few more dings, but overall for $3k with a 355/700r4 I can't say no.

I will get rid of the cowl hood, gotta have a 100% sleeper Buick powered El Camino. :biggrin:

I'll try and find these two guys and try to get them in touch with you. I only know them through the boards, but they seem willing to help with technical advice, and they are more (much more) experienced than I am. You might also try to reach Poltergeist over at ElCaminocentral. com. He did a fuel injection conversion, just not with a buick motor.

Here's a side by side, Elco on the left, GN on the right. The Elco is longer, and angled differently.

Attachments

• IMG_0326.JPG
    IMG_0326.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 605
It looks like you could make that work if you cut the pipe, added some length and bent it a bit.

Might be an option.

Looks like turbofish found me one as long as the website isn't BSing.

Building '84 T-6 El Camino

Glad I found this part of the forum. I am currently building an '84 T-6 powered El Camino. Plan to have a complete sleeper, with no badges, except a small "TURBOCHARGED" plaque on the rear tailgate. Hope to be up and running by Nov.
I started with a '82 body/no drive train. Have it and enough parts to begin another car if anyone is interested, it is for sale. Located in S.W. Florida.

Sam

Great minds think alike. Good luck with your build. I keep getting sidetracked with mine. Latest diversion finds me swapping the dash, which is the wrong color, which leads to an interior removal and a complete color change from maroon to black. New carpet is on the way, and I'm using the SEM brand of vinyl dye. My credit card bills mysteriously keep getting bigger and bigger.

'84 T-6/ El Camino Build

John,

Thanks for the info on the fuel lines. Found the shortages. Elky is built on Station wagon chassis. Regal on Coup. That is difference. Flex lines work well. I have had custom dash built by "Wabbit Bill" in Tx. to install in existing Elky panel. Seems good so far. Have same problem with my credit card. I think it is possessed. Maybe I will send it to Santa Claus this year for help?? Call at 941-626-0552 if you want to quick compare notes.

Sam

Al,
I am in Punta Gorda. Have been trying to get down to see you. Ed Kaye gave me your info. Will try to arrange a meet next week.

Sam
941-626-0552

This is one that was on Craigslist a while back..I talked to the guy..He said he dropped off everything at a friends shop and in a day it was done ! The body switch that is..The front end and doors are buick he said..Filler was used where the body meets the back of the door..I never saw the car myself...

Nice!! El National.