anybody have a factory shortblock in the 9's?

Dr. Boost : The 9s called... they said to stop talking about them since they've never met you :eek::eek:

Dr. Boost : The 9s called... they said to stop talking about them since they've never met you :eek::eek:

LMAO :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I do have a recipe for that thermo housing, one part BIG pry bar, one part ball peen hammer, add equal amounts of both till something shakes loose!

my timeslips are always available for your viewing pleasure.

P.s. i hope you sent richie a thank you card...without him you would be still blowing up running 10.80's...double :eek:

love ya too cliff

my timeslips are always available for your viewing pleasure

:rolleyes:

Would this experience make some cry?:eek:

close

i got really close to the 9's with stock untouched shortblock running on a cracked piston in Reynolds. combo is in the sig.........Bob

Now wait a minute........I think smeones playing a little game here!;) I know you know how to get a freakin T-Stat housing off Surej! What are you really going to be running in that car? After you do blast off a 9 second pass, can we inspect under the hood? Are you going to leave the grease on the block for us all to see? I may be blonde but I'm not dumb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:biggrin:

i got really close to the 9's with stock untouched shortblock running on a cracked piston in Reynolds. combo is in the sig.........Bob

My lord a 10.15 with a cracked piston....that's insane and I wish I was there to see it.....hey Boost let me know when you head to the track with it so I don't miss another record....Super6...is 10.15 a record?...that's pretty amazing a 10.15 on a factory shortblock.....must have been built on a wednesday ;)

my timeslips are always available for your viewing pleasure.

P.s. i hope you sent richie a thank you card...without him you would be still blowing up running 10.80's...double :eek:

love ya too cliff

I do thank richie all the time, he built a bad ass 109 motor that went low 9s for two years very consistantly without a problem. I thank Kurgan for the tuning also that kept it running hard, consistant, and reliable!

The last time I went 10.80s... you were chasing me with a car with 5X the amount of work / $$$ into it. Maybe you should send your engine builders some cards also... although they wouldnt say "thank you" would they... or maybe instead of blaming the builders you might want to rethink the tuner...

Those in glass houses shouldnt throw stones my friend-

my timeslips are always available for your viewing pleasure

:rolleyes:

Would this experience make some cry?:eek:

Timeslips are like postcards. If I send you a postcard from Maui... does that prove I was in Maui? I mean there's a cool picture of maui on the front.. but did I really send it?...or did someone else send it for me?

Id like to see a track video with a number on the glass that matches up with a timeslip.. otherwise its just another postcard from who knows who.

ill make a few track appearances this year just so you can see how a homebuilt street car can run close to the race cars. Im not knocking your car at all because i am very impressed with it. I just do things differently, if i couldnt work on my car, id sell it. i was busy helping a friend with his camaro all year that i put my buick on the backburner and only got to take it to the track a few times.

your getting crabby these days cliff.

My lord a 10.15 with a cracked piston....that's insane and I wish I was there to see it.....hey Boost let me know when you head to the track with it so I don't miss another record....Super6...is 10.15 a record?...that's pretty amazing a 10.15 on a factory shortblock.....must have been built on a wednesday ;)

not sure if it's a record or not..the motor has never been out of the car..it went 136.88 on a 10.19 pass and it has been 112 and some change in the 1/8. yes i believe it was built in the middle of the week:D i am sure the car will get well into the 9's but i have another short block i am building for BG with billet caps..it might be in by March for Piedmont.........Bob

Cotton went 10.02 with a customers car and stock short block. Not sure about the weight of the car but it had GN1's on it. Several had have had 9 sec power but 60' wasnt there. Ill try it again soon and im sure ill succeed. Just need the time to do it and a good shortblock that hasnt been hammered

Ya... sorta looks like a greasy stage motor.

Surej, if the injectors aren't big enough you could always try a quadrajet. I'd do a real mean quadrajet rebuild for ya.