Anyone here with a built 200-4R by Mike Kurtz?

2kSSLS1

I was just curious because I wanted a little feedback on him/his work. I hear he's a good builder, but I figured this would be the place to ask to get more opinions. Thanks

He's your man. He didn't build mine, but has built several for friends. He's a man of his word, and can build a sweet 2004r.

Erik

Mike built my 200R4 or should I say put the good parts in very soon after I got the car (1987) and the tranny never let me down. This worked good for years with normal maint. The tranny worked perfect through the mid 10's, then I stuck the Stage II in the car and got the right converter.

After the Stage II went in the clutchs in the tranny did not like the 9.7 pass. I have been told there are now parts that you can install to make them hold up but in my opinion the parts cost more than a race built T400.

Good Luck

Neal is right though. They now have several billet components to go into the 2004r...like the planet and drum for example. Don't hesitate to call Mike and tell him "look, I'm on a budget, I want a tranny to hold up to the 1*'s, how much are we looking at?"
Just tell Mike that you want to put it on lay-a-way, give him your old G&H Green stamps, a Lone Star card, and a couple of trashed 4L60's and he'll hook you up...he's a very understanding guy. :D
That's how I plan on paying Mike for my 10 second tranny :eek:

Erik

I have his tranny in my car. Been in there for about two years with alot of 10 second passes with no problems. The thing works like a champ..

I highly recommend him and his services.

Good Luck

How much did you pay for your build? (when I say you, I mean to anyone who has had their's built there) Please specify when you paid the amount. Thanks

I think a better question would have been what did someone have done to the tranny.

The 200R4's can be built from anything from mild to wild and have a price to match. If you want a good street fighter you only might want a shift kit, aftermarket clutch pack and hardened statter (sp) and possible a newer style pump.

It might be a better idea to decide what parts you want or how strong of a tranny you want. All I had done to my tranny was the parts I mentioned above and back in 1990 or so, and I had the shop pull the tranny and do the work while I waited.

So I think asking what someone paid with out a list of parts would be a more fair question.

Good Luck

Thanks for the tip and info...you really had me going there for a minute...I thought you had a tranny for me! :( Let me know if you come across anything.

Sorry I didnt update everyone, I finally purchased one! Im not sure what guy you are referring to in the parts for sale section, but more than likely its the same one. Thanks

tranny

buy a tranny from PerformanceTrans in cali ,it might be the last , trans you will ever need 2004r or 400 :cool: