Anyone like Vettes?

TurboSlacker

SINISTR
Flame away...

I'm picking up a 2000 Vette this weekend. It's the daily driver while the GN is in the garage:biggrin:

Am I crazy or what?

Got the Vette home now. Bought it in Northern California and drove it 800 miles to Seattle. Averaged 28mpg:eek:

What an awesome car. Incredibly comfortable for long touring rides. The handling and braking is unreal - never experience that in the black beast. But the GN still kicks its butt.

Cool, I have a 2006 Corvette and it is a blast to drive, gets nearly 30mpg on the road and is my most fuel-efficient vehicle. The ’87 GN did get 31 mpg from Seattle to Spokane. I also have a ’76 Indy 500 Pace Car, but it only gets around 16 mpg.

:tongue:

Attachments

• Corvette.jpg
    Corvette.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 329
Nice Dan, Is it Silver or Pewter? If its silver you can still be my friend but if its pewter I think you should let your wife drive it!:biggrin:

Corvettes

Over The Years I've Had A Couple Of Corvettes And Loved Them All!! My 1992 Was The Best Out Of All Of Them. However, I Feel More Of A Connection To The Gn Because Of All The Hard Work And Sweat Put Into This Car. Corvettes Are Truly A Beautiful Machine. I Always Wondered Why Are The Buick Nationals Held In Bowling Green,ky? Are We Trying To Be In The Face Of The Corvette Home? One Of My Favorite Gm Designers Is Zora Arkus-duntov. Definitley A Master Of His Time.

Nice Dan, Is it Silver or Pewter? If its silver you can still be my friend but if its pewter I think you should let your wife drive it!:biggrin:

It's Pewter, so yes the wife drives it too:biggrin:

The best part is it only has 10,000 miles. It looks and drives like brand new.

Hey nice Vette Dan! I personally like the pewter...so when you and your wife get tired of it, let me know. :biggrin:

Vettes are ok for daily drivers to keep the mileage low on the turbo bricks. I use mine as a daily driver. It does play second fiddle to my turob brick, though, and it will never be the other way around.

Got the Vette home now. Bought it in Northern California and drove it 800 miles to Seattle. Averaged 28mpg:eek:

What an awesome car. Incredibly comfortable for long touring rides. The handling and braking is unreal - never experience that in the black beast. But the GN still kicks its butt.

They drive way better than a c4.
I wish my zr1 got 28mpg. power key off 18mpg going down hill. power key on probably about 12 if you keep your foot out of it. It must be those 16 injectors:biggrin: .
The car is fast but feels like a go cart.
I love the c5 ride. that color is bad ass. nice car