Anyone using Holley dominator efi????

bigdwg03

Wanted to get some feed back if anyone has used it. It looks pretty bad ass, has integrated boost controller and meth injection and self learning fuel maps.... Hopefully it's as easy as it looks I'm by far not a computer or tuning expert lol

Tom Robison (his sn on here) just got one for his car. Unfortunately no real feedback yet as the engine is not in the car. Looks like a bad ass system that beats the xfi or bs3 hands down.

Yea AND it's almost half the price of a fast system!

Especially when you count all the add ons that are already included. Sounds like data logging on the dominator system is awesome.
I think he got the system right under the dominator though.

I was hoping someone had used it I wanted to see how they like the dominator and it's boost controller. Also their meth kit only does 50/50 but maybe you could use razors pump and the Holley controller. Supposedly it automatically trims fuel with meth, self tuning sounds awesome in theory I just hope it works! Lol who wants to spend 6-8 months trying to dial in the car just perfect?

I bought the Hp EFI as I do not need all the extra input and outputs, drive by wire throttle or 4l80 control. From what I have read and heard from a few this system is just as good if not better than some of the other systems. I have not recieved mine yet as I ordered mine with an unterminated harness, which is on back order till the middle of Dec. Also FYI, the boost control portion is not going to be ready till Jan or FEB.

I bought the Hp EFI as I do not need all the extra input and outputs, drive by wire throttle or 4l80 control. From what I have read and heard from a few this system is just as good if not better than some of the other systems. I have not recieved mine yet as I ordered mine with an unterminated harness, which is on back order till the middle of Dec. Also FYI, the boost control portion is not going to be ready till Jan or FEB.

I had one sent it back, over a year ago. the boost control they told me next month next month for 6 months. The auto learn SUCKS were the car bucks and jerks, does not use VE tables. back to back test at 848rwhp holley 1008 rwhp fast xfi, fast WAY easier to walk around.

Holley does have good points, you can change it from neg to pos inputs and outputs, Data logger is bad ass (but dont fill up shuts down ecm)and the touch screen is cool but not all gauges work with it. and usb based

001-2.jpg

002-6.jpg

005-4.jpg

I was hoping someone had used it I wanted to see how they like the dominator and it's boost controller. Also their meth kit only does 50/50 but maybe you could use razors pump and the Holley controller. Supposedly it automatically trims fuel with meth, self tuning sounds awesome in theory I just hope it works! Lol who wants to spend 6-8 months trying to dial in the car just perfect?

We tried for 6 months could not get to idle any less than 11.0 afr and if you leaned it out by changing iot it would not start than. switched to a fast in 3 min running perfect and I hate FAST but it works. Now I have a MOTEC none better lol

My buddy down the street uses motec on his 1000hp honda. Neat system but software looks like it would take a bit to get used to. At least the way he flipped through it with me it looked confusing lol. But the options on the motec seemed endless.

I have a friend that used the new Holley setup on his Mustang. Running 8.90 all self learn. It sounds crazy to me but the proof is in the ET. Not sure why it is so different on the Buick 6 but I would like to hear more. Sounds like a much cheaper alternative if it works. What vendors even sell that system for our cars?

A friend uses this system on his nitrous powered race car and is sponsored by Holley. I have been to Holley and watched them dyno his engine using the self learning correction. IMO it's not for self tuning. We still tuned idle and throttle response manually just like you do with XFI. I don't think the intention is to have it tune itself for you but rather it makes it's own adjustments to your WOT fuel map. For example when I make a pass at the strip, I come back to the pits and have to review the log to fine tune the fuel map during the pass. With the self tuning turned on, this system will make those corrections for you.

The fuel map is in pounds per hr rather than the usual VE# so that takes a little getting used to.

It seems they have really went after the LS applications and their nitrous controller is awesome and working well. Several of the local heads up nitrous racers are using it now. They are still doing alot of work to get it ready for the Buick apps as well as updates needed for what's already in the system. They just don't have enough people to make this happen overnight or in the coming weeks.

Tom Robison (his sn on here) just got one for his car. Unfortunately no real feedback yet as the engine is not in the car. Looks like a bad ass system that beats the xfi or bs3 hands down.

I don;'t think its going to beat the XFI system hands down, considering it has no traction control features....the XFI tuned right would probably go faster down the track.

I don;'t think its going to beat the XFI system hands down, considering it has no traction control features....the XFI tuned right would probably go faster down the track.

You are right, as of right now it does not have traction control, but to say a xfi will go faster is complete bull****. It is all in the hand of the tuner , not the system. I was told that by someone that everybody thinks is god of the tuning world.

When it does have traction control, this particular feature will be better than the others. Holley has been gathering data from my friends car for a while now.

However, traction control will not make a car faster. It will only save a pass that would have been aborted.

When it does have traction control, this particular feature will be better than the others. Holley has been gathering data from my friends car for a while now.

However, traction control will not make a car faster. It will only save a pass that would have been aborted.
Kinda what I was thinking. If you have to rely on traction control to get your car down the track, you better worry about spending some money on the suspension.

In a perfect world with 100% traction each system would net the same results, I did not say make more hp. Fast has tested traction control and yes the car picked up .5 secs with it on compared to off, but these are not full out race cars, mild street cars with not perfect suspensions.

In a perfect world with 100% traction each system would net the same results, I did not say make more hp. Fast has tested traction control and yes the car picked up .5 secs with it on compared to off, but these are not full out race cars, mild street cars with not perfect suspensions.
I did not say it would make more power! As far as the traction control goes I still would rather have a car that would hook in a wet spot on a friday night than have to rely on traction control to get me down the track.

Getting the suspension right will pick it up another .5;)

.the XFI tuned right would probably go faster down the track.
This is a stupid statement among many seen on TB.com these days. The success of a system is all in the hands of the tuner and his comfort level using that particular system. I bought 2 cars last year and first thing removed and sold was the XFI. I do not trust the XFI system. I am not comfortable with the XFI and quite frankly believe it to be inferior with inconsistent fueling and timing v/s other systems out there . Since I have no confidence using the XFI its best for me to use something else. Now with that being said its my opinion. There will be 50 others that do not agree. But to blanket that a car will go faster with one system or another is nuts.

People are not taking in the meaning of my statements correctly. The point I am trying to make is a vehicle with traction control will go faster et wise compared to a vehicle with non traction control if traction is an issue at the line. Unless you have no chance of spinning the tires with a perfect track and suspension then car with ECM A is not going to go faster than car With ECM B we all know this. So my statement is not "stupid" in that context.

Even if you dial the suspension in, you can't predict if it will spin and if it does and you lift its game over anyway,,,,,,,but with traction control you will have a chance at least to save the pass as Dusty mentioned.