Best 17" wheel/tire combo? 17" wheel owners only!

Hey guys, I'm in the shopping stage of buying wheels and tires for my car.

I want the Torque Thrust type.

I have it narrowed down to Coys and Centerline.

I've heard a couple guys say don't buy from them.

What's up with Coys???????

I can't help your search if you are looking for the Torque Thrust II style but if you are looking for the retro original style I'll point you towards...... Vintage Wheel Works

Wheels

Wow your GN looks great with those wheels.

I think I have my heart set on the torque thrust style wheels, its
taken me 4 months to decide on them. This is such a delicate matter
in that the wheels can make or break how the car looks.
I think I've decided not to get the Coys.
I have read some bad press on them and don't want to take a chance
even though they are cheaper.

Thanks for the help
kelly

Is anyone running a 17x9.5 with 5" backspacing on the rear?

Secondly, is anyone rubbing with 17x8" and 4" or 4.5" backspacing? I want to run 17x8's in the front, but due to the fact that I did the B-Body 12" brake swap, it makes the fronts stick out 3/8" (.375") more, so I was wondering that if I went with 17x8's, that I may have to go with a 4.5" backspacing. Basically, I am just wondering how much more room is on the outside (to avoid the fender cutting the tire). If I could still get away with running 17x8 with 4" even with that extra .375", I would do that. I certainly do not want it rubbing on the inner fenderwell either. My car is lowered with Eibachs and on the front, the Hotchkis spindle drop it 3/4" more. Is anyone in this situation?
17X8 4.5 backspace 245/45/17
17x9.5 5.0 backspace 295/45/17 Mickey et street II Drag radial.. YOU LIKE THAT WAS MY INSPIRATION!!!!! http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/br...heels/325101-look-what-finally-showed-up.html

Attachments

• IMG00052-20101016-1021.jpg
    IMG00052-20101016-1021.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 397
ahh this made my life alot easier... i just made a thread tryin to find your pics
ahh this made my life alot easier... i just made a thread tryin to find your pics
I just read ur thread,I picked the qualifiers over the streetlites cause i wanted something different ..The only thing i dont like about them is you have to get close to them in a pic to see the detail...In person no prob but from a distance in a pic it all blends together other than that i love them..The rears rubbed once on a steep dip in the road with my cargo springs..I have crusty old shocks on the back too tho hopefully ill have that fixed by spring..:biggrin: