Best front mount intercooler for the dollar

I bought marks unit and an very happy, old IC was a powerstroke

That's the smaller one we sell. I am running the SE one in my GN. Uses existing holes in radiator support up top and tabs on bottom screw into bottom of support, two holes need to be drilled.

Attachments

• hcmain.jpg
    hcmain.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 1,057
  • se3.jpg
    se3.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 919
  • se4.jpg
    se4.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 954
This happened to me a few years back,one peice end tanks would stop this problem from happening, although if you have a proper blow off
valve it would prevent this also.
This happens from compressor surge.
Yeah I remember that, Wasn't it at BG?

One piece tanks would be great...

SW.

(im no so worried about performance, i know it will do just as good if not better than stocker, plus this car is not going to be run hard)
definately better than stocker i'd agree

Had 20 row stock location intercooler and was running 10.20 with 170 degree air temp going threw the traps. Went to RJC and went 9.93 with 97 degree air temp going threw the traps. Has RJC 375 and drive on the street with a/c on in 90 degree weather. Saw 183 on coolant temp.

Nice times and Very nice pick up.

i run that same intercooler on my 87 and my dads 86. It seems to work well. I have been 126 in my dads car and i have a friend that has gone 128 with one as well.

Well I have an (1 1/2) 15Row stock location Mease intercooler/alky and have been 125.7 24psi @10.75 :eek:

So just think if I step up to ANYTHING, but im wondering if i need to? I have a little more in it just need a little more race gas octane or injectors, I think Grumpy has a V2 17 or 20 row stock location an went upper 9's:eek::eek:

Im not ready for one yet but I really do like Mark's if i ever have to step up. Mines a daily driver also. Im really in no hurry to push it harder but it'd be nice to have if i decide to do so.:smile:

havent been on in a while so i apologize if my opinion is a little late. Powerstroke intercooler is what I have. Now if you dont mind cutting 2 holes in your core support as I did the cost for the intercooler (which is as big as my radiator), hoses, clamps, etc is only $250!!! Or if you wanna spend a little more and a good shop that can weld aluminum you can have the inlets and outlets relocated to the bottom so you dont have to cut holes in your core support.....just my .02 I have all part numbers for the pipes if you needed them...good luck!!!

Attachments

• intercooler conversion.jpg
    intercooler conversion.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 845
I just got my Ebay FMIC in today and it looks very good so far. Pipes are polished stainless, and the IC is bigger than i expected. Ill let you guys know something and post up pics whenever i get a day off to install it.

I just got my Ebay FMIC in today and it looks very good so far. Pipes are polished stainless, and the IC is bigger than i expected. Ill let you guys know something and post up pics whenever i get a day off to install it.

just to give you a heads up when i had mine the cheap rubber couplers kept blowing off so i got some hose from a diesel place and never had another problem. they were really slick inside and the other hose was a lot rougher inside to get a grip. :) also those clamps will bend easy while tightining them.

I used the cxr Egay FMI, Works great and cheap. I have had the precision fmi and it was really clost to the same just thinner.... a couple pics of it and piping.

Attachments

• l_b3971155dd6a461b8b133891bf5b795b.jpg
    l_b3971155dd6a461b8b133891bf5b795b.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 792
  • DSCF0048.jpg
    DSCF0048.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 770
  • DSCF0019.jpg
    DSCF0019.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 782
whats the hp rating on these EGAY front mounts ? who has the fastest EBAY frontmount ?

How much are the Ebay Front Mounts? I keep hearing about them but I dont ever see them with the pipes, they are usually just universal.

Just give me a little time guys i may have mine on this weekend and ill post up pics.

kingots2004 i have that old ebay intercooler on my car. im not big on its looks but it doesnt do to bad of a job. after a run on my car you can tell a big difference in temps if you lay your hand on each pipe.

kingots2004 i have that old ebay intercooler on my car. im not big on its looks but it doesnt do to bad of a job. after a run on my car you can tell a big difference in temps if you lay your hand on each pipe.

yeah i agree its not the best looking but it does a decent job.it does get attention when you pull up somewhere.the big front mounts look like an aluminum radiator and this smaller one makes people that arent familar with these cars ask questions for sure.

Im in the middle of installing it right now, i have the IC mounted without making any new holes in the car, just used existing ones. I got the TB side all bolted up nicely, but im having trouble getting the turbo side to want to line up. I believe im going to have to add 2in or so to the pipe leading from the turbo.

I had to do that on mine as well. I just picked up a section of hose from the local o-reillys and thats worked fine for me.