Billet 6265 horsepower rating?

Don't say that I have not even installed mine yet!!!

I think that it is awesome, I am hoping it is the baddest turbo for buicks ever built... Low stall range and gobs of power. We are hoping to put one on the TFS car:eek:

Should be the last turbo we need:biggrin:

680 :eek: Should be a real nice street cruiser turbo.
Do you guys think the bb version is really necessary with the smaller billet wheel? I would think with a nice 3200 stall, that turbo should spool up like right now.

Don't say that I have not even installed mine yet!!!

Dont worry ive seen people pop'em with the stock turbo and ignorance. 680hp will go 133-134mph in a 3600lb car. Most wont even come close to that. Are you going to push it to its limits?

Dont worry ive seen people pop'em with the stock turbo and ignorance. 680hp will go 133-134mph in a 3600lb car. Most wont even come close to that. Are you going to push it to its limits?

Brian,

I only really want an 11.X @ 120 mph +.
Something to run with the fast new street cars, not a race car.

680hp to wheels or flywheel?

I woulf think that 680 flywheel couldn't get you into the 133-135mph range, But what the hell do i know. :)

Adrian

What is the cost of this turbo and how does it compare horsepower wise to my te45a?

680hp to wheels or flywheel?

I woulf think that 680 flywheel couldn't get you into the 133-135mph range, But what the hell do i know. :)

Adrian

I have to agree with this. 680 rear wheel hp will put a 3600lb car close to 134mph, but the rating, although conservative, would be a flywheel rating.

John

I have to agree with this. 680 rear wheel hp will put a 3600lb car close to 134mph, but the rating, although conservative, would be a flywheel rating.

John
680 at the wheels will put you well into the 9's at much more than 134mph.

What is the cost of this turbo and how does it compare horsepower wise to my te45a?

Retail - BB $1399 & journal - $999. You can them for most vendors cheaper.

TE45a supports up to around 700hp and requires more stall. The two are very close in support hp.

....for what its worth, i've only had mine out twice with the new 6265 (journal brng.) weather here in the great north east being what it is.... but,on the ride home i did get a feel of what i paid for. i have a loose D5 in it now (2500 or so) and spool time is almost the same as the T-60 it replaced.I made alot of changes this time around ..heads,dual nozzle,Throttle body etc... its not tuned yet but i,m sure that a 2800 conv. is in my future. It hit very hard when it came in..probly rolled 20 feet and it was all in..killed the nittos...saw some KR and i was done. its set at 24lbs. now.... plan on 27lbs for final tune. Regarding my 9/1 pistons....how much more sensitinve will it be now to timing than the stock ratio?

I'm a bit confused the HP rating on turbos, is that the RWHP or FWHP rating ?