Billet 6265 horsepower rating?

Spoolfool2, you're saying you notice a similar spool to the TA61 but much more power correct?

I'd bet your dyno graph is a tad down due to the AC 9" n/l being too loose, you're probably losing 10% through the tranny vs a PTC or lock up Vig.

Spoolfool2, you're saying you notice a similar spool to the TA61 but much more power correct?

I'd bet your dyno graph is a tad down due to the AC 9" n/l being too loose, you're probably losing 10% through the tranny vs a PTC or lock up Vig.

He could down 25-50HP depending on how off it is.

More power, at the same boost. That is correct. Also, with the new turbo, I was able to go to a 400 RPM tighter converter and it feels even more streetable. It was a win-win. The Art Carr converters that I've been using are old builit ones that I've had (or got for free). At some time, I may try another converter. Tonight I'll go over my dirrect scan data and see how much slip I'm getting. I'll post what I find. Thanks for the input.

Mike B.

He posted these specs from his direct scan.

5625, 28" tire, 3.73 rear gear, 1:1 ( 3rd ) and 100mph.

TCI Calculator says.......................................... 25% !!!!!!

Time for a 9.5" PTC or 5 disc Vig and lock that momma. You'll gain a TON of power back.

Now, go from 25% to a 5 disc locked up ( 0% ), that turbo is kicking out some MADD power to the rear wheels at 22psi. :eek: :eek:
Maybe 625RWHP and 600RWTQ!!

Remember, the calculator is converter slippage, it doesn't take into account for drivetrain efficiency, that's generally 15% with a 0% converter/clutch slippage. That motor could be pushing around 700hp through it, DAMN!!

That motor could be pushing around 700hp through it, DAMN!!

Maybe at 32-34psi and an aggressive tune. Not even close to that at 22psi though. A converter that slips 15-20% swapped to a converter at about 5% may be worth about 4-5mph. So about 60-70whp. My PTC slips about 20-25% on shifts but couples hard by 5800.

I'd hope going from 25% to 0% slippage would show more than 60rwhp at that power level. I've talked to a 2G DSM owner making mid 600awhp lock up and gain 60awhp and it was slipping around 12% before. Not the same platform but isn't 10% slippage pretty much saying 10% of the power is getting pissed away?

Ok Spoolfool, you need to get a 5 Disc Vig and lock it on the dyno with the same boost and AF/R as the initial test. :biggrin: :wink:

Bison considering he's seeing 500rwhp at 22psi with a dud converter slipping around 25%, that engines making around 600hp right there wouldn't you agree?

I'd hope going from 25% to 0% slippage would show more than 60rwhp at that power level. I've talked to a 2G DSM owner making mid 600awhp lock up and gain 60awhp and it was slipping around 12% before. Not the same platform but isn't 10% slippage pretty much saying 10% of the power is getting pissed away?

Ok Spoolfool, you need to get a 5 Disc Vig and lock it on the dyno with the same boost and AF/R as the initial test. :biggrin: :wink:

Bison considering he's seeing 500rwhp at 22psi with a dud converter slipping around 25%, that engines making around 600hp right there wouldn't you agree?
The mph and slip number he gave is not his slip at his quarter trap. Therefore it cant be used to determine a what if scenario if he went to a better unit. No doubt there is room for gain but it wont be anywhere near what you have suggested. Id have to see dragstrip mph to see what the hp actually is. Dynos are useless for comparison sake. All the different brands read differently. Mph and vehicle weight is a much more accurate indicator of power. I have this data for you on a 900+hp engine: Slipping 17% with an old AC the car mph 147-148. At 6% with a PTC it went 151.9mph. The PTC was a little too tight for this solid cammed engine. It dropped too low on shifts. But was still a lot better than the old AC up top based on the 4+mph increase in trap in a car already going nearly 150. These numbers are from actual data logs and drag strip time slips. The car had a driveshaft speed sensor to get exact slip numbers at all mph. If you reduce slip by 10% you dont pick up anywhere near 10% power at the wheels. Looks like about 5-6% at the wheels dropping 10%. I have yet to see anyone even come close to 700whp with a 6765 in a Buick at any boost level. The car would be running nearly mid 9's at about 140mph. 9.60 would be typical at that power level. At 22psi my guess he would run roughly 10.80's at 122-123mph if everything was spot on and the timing and a/f were run on the edge weighing about 3600.

If i recall snowbird ran some crazy times on a p-trim or similar. He was probably the fastest on this board with one. I think he went about 137mph.

Well put, on a side note most GN converter companies know to make it tighter around the 5600rpm mark for us. Damn that's what I'm spinning total so for a bunch of us, that would be the max regardless so I don't want to keep spinning to find out how much tighter that Art Carr would get. :eek: :mad:

I'd like to see SpoolFool get back on the dyno with a great converter and post the results. I don't recall ever seeing a before and after GN dyno with just a converter mod. I know you're not a huge dyno fan Bison but it would be interesting to see what the wheels say.

I was getting at his 500whp dyno run with a converter slipping a ton could be around 600 at the motor which is pretty impressive at that psi level. 700 to the wheels is a ton of power, maybe Billet 67 land.

My 0 pump 5 disc Vig gave me 46rwhp and 23rwtq when I locked it on the dyno. I haven't locked it at the track yet.

Dyno's are not good gauges when figuring converter slippage IMO...

#'s from the track are much more reliable...

meh you really can't compare dyno numbers. I only put down 447 in my dads 86 on a mustang dyno and it trapped 124 the next weekend. I recently put down 427/458 on a superflow and went and trapped 122 with issues. After reading all the dyno threads here i was hoping for 500 rwhp but it just wasn't to be. The car put out the numbers i was hoping at the track all things considered. I can't wait to see more numbers from these turbos. They sure look like a nice street setup. I wonder how much a used PT61 would go for haha.

Well put, on a side note most GN converter companies know to make it tighter around the 5600rpm mark for us. Damn that's what I'm spinning total so for a bunch of us, that would be the max regardless so I don't want to keep spinning to find out how much tighter that Art Carr would get. :eek: :mad:

I'd like to see SpoolFool get back on the dyno with a great converter and post the results. I don't recall ever seeing a before and after GN dyno with just a converter mod. I know you're not a huge dyno fan Bison but it would be interesting to see what the wheels say.

I was getting at his 500whp dyno run with a converter slipping a ton could be around 600 at the motor which is pretty impressive at that psi level. 700 to the wheels is a ton of power, maybe Billet 67 land.
Yeah it would be good to see the number but the dynos dont load the car as much as 3rd on the strip does so slip is ususlly less on the dyno. 700 at the wheels is 70HPQ land. Not typical with a 67 even if Q trim unless you are Melissa:tongue: . Though in THS it sure will be. Q trim for sure though. The turbo is being worked hard in that application.

From what I remember, it was about 10-11% slip unlocked and less than 1% slip locked.

Would it be cost effective, performance-wise, for me to switch to a 62/62? Would it work with my current PTC 10", 2,800 stall tc?

I have a west coast converter 3000 lu with the 6262 i'm running, and I would suggest a shade higher such as 3200. the 2800 is not going to be enough for the 6265, imho. this turbo is certainly more bang for the buck than people are giving it credit for....much more...the combos will have to get sorted out over this summer though. it's all testing right now...we're all learning as we go right now.

Yeah it would be good to see the number but the dynos dont load the car as much as 3rd on the strip does so slip is ususlly less on the dyno. 700 at the wheels is 70HPQ land. Not typical with a 67 even if Q trim unless you are Melissa:tongue: . Though in THS it sure will be. Q trim for sure though. The turbo is being worked hard in that application.

Just compared 3rd gear MPH/RPM (slippage) data from 70 MPH to 117 mph on dyno vs road test .All data was the same + or - 50 RPMs.

But yes, the dyno does load the car a bit less as seen by having to pull air/fuel to match the load.

Speaking of dyno loading, even after tuning my buds DSM on the Mustang Dyno it was about .5 leaner on the street during the same 3rd gear pull. That was an eye opener since I figured the Mustang would be much closer to the street load over a Dynojet.