Billet 6265 horsepower rating?

Would it be cost effective, performance-wise, for me to switch to a 62/62? Would it work with my current PTC 10", 2,800 stall tc?

Would it be cost effective, performance-wise, for me to switch to a 62/62? Would it work with my current PTC 10", 2,800 stall tc?

Compared to what is in your sig?

Depends on your tuning capabilities... Jay had my a regular 67gtq spooling with a 2800 PTS stall. It wasn't instant but you could bump into the lights...

If more for street than strip I would suggest the 62/62 with the 2800, if you like instant pull... I know you run the 1/8th alot so that would probably be the best for that distance too. If you don't mind a little lag and more power on top go with the 62/65 especially for the 1/4 IMO:biggrin:

Yes.

Any guess on what I could gain et/mph wise with the 62/62?

It would truly be a guess:redface: so I wouldn't want to say... You are running good #'s all ready... I don't think it would be a Huge increase but noticeable for sure...

My new dbl bb 62-65 turbo

Today on the dyno my car put down 507 RWHP and 498 TQ on only 22 lbs of boost and 25 deg of timing. This was on 91 oct, with Razor's alky, and a stock location intercooler. This turbo is very streetable with a 3000 stall converter. This thing spools faster than the TA-61 that I took off.

Mike Barnard

Today on the dyno my car put down 507 RWHP and 498 TQ on only 22 lbs of boost and 25 deg of timing. This was on 91 oct, with Razor's alky, and a stock location intercooler. This turbo is very streetable with a 3000 stall converter. This thing spools faster than the TA-61 that I took off.

Mike Barnard

Mike,

Can you please post the dyno graph?
Congrats on getting her on and tested.
I have a feeling my 3200 stall is going to be too much.

You can get those numbers with a te60, shouldn't this turbo make more power?

Mike Barnard

Very nice.

Mike,

Can you please post the dyno graph?
Congrats on getting her on and tested.
I have a feeling my 3200 stall is going to be too much.

I'll try and post the graph.
3200 stall might be a bit much. Going to a taller(28") tire might help to bring that back in to range though.

Mike B

You can get those numbers with a te60, shouldn't this turbo make more power?

Yes, It will make lots more. I was only at 22 lbs of boost. I could have turned the boost up and made more power but I was getting some false KR on the dyno that I don't normally get on the street. My answer was to just unplug the knock detector and keep the boost at a safe 22 lbs. I'm sure that with c-16 race gas, more timing and boost, I could have made much more power. This dyno post of mine isn't the "ultimate" test of this turbo. It's just a nice starting point that I wanted to share since there's not much data out on these things yet.

Mike B.

One of yesterdays pulls.

img003.jpg

On this run, at about 5600 RPMs, the wide band sniffer fell out of the exhaust pipe, as shown by the air fuel going lean. When the dyno operator saw it go lean, he immediatly let off the gas. It was nice to see that he was paying attention.

Mike B.

Mike Barnard

Mike,
What exhaust housing do you have?
I went with a .85 to let it breathe in the upper rpm. I figured it would spool like crazy on its own with the BB, and the extra higher prm flow would "enhance" things.:smile:

Brian

KS disconnected because of false knock...:eek:

Cool info thanks for posting! Great numbers!

I'm not criticizing your combo Mike. My car made 516rwhp/555rwtq with this combo:

Te-60/.63garrett, Champion heads/intake, 206 roller, 60's, LS1 maf, T+/TT chip, Razor's alky, Janis transmission, 3200 Vigilante, 23psi, 23/23 timing on 93octane and alky.

I just thought this turbo should make more power than a te60 on a similiar combo.

Chris

I'm not criticizing your combo Mike. My car made 516rwhp/555rwtq with this combo:

Te-60/.63garrett, Champion heads/intake, 206 roller, 60's, LS1 maf, T+/TT chip, Razor's alky, Janis transmission, 3200 Vigilante, 23psi, 23/23 timing on 93octane and alky.

I just thought this turbo should make more power than a te60 on a similiar combo.

Chris

What that combo, any track times?

Brian,

Mike,
What exhaust housing do you have?
I went with a .85 to let it breathe in the upper rpm. I figured it would spool like crazy on its own with the BB, and the extra higher prm flow would "enhance" things.:smile:

Brian

Not sure what exhaust housing is on this thing. I tryed to find out today, but was unable. I'll let you know when I find out.

Mike B.

My best time so far is 11.25@121mph. 1.7 60ft time. Gainesville Raceway November 1st 2008. 23psi and 23* timing in all gears.