Boost at the line

OH JEEEZ! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

My 1989 G20 Conversion van with 200k on a 305 TBI was running 15's :eek: and hade 290 HP:eek: , while cutting 1.8 60 foots with my buddies G-Tech.

I guess my van has 290 hp because the G-Tech says so!

You CAN NOT rely on a G-Tech for performance/60 foots/hp.....

-Adam

My buds 9 sec S10 and my GN using the Gtech it is with a tenth. Not sure on the HP and other parameters though

Well i have a new combo on my GN, and my 60ft times are not the same. Maybe, with this new turbo, i got to leave at 15psi. Being that i do as much of my work i can, i hate to put that much strain on the car(trans).

I had a 2.30 60' leaving on unkown boost(boost guage sticks from 0-10 psi), on 20 year old gatorback tires lol. Comletely stock except for unknown chip that I have to run 1:2 ratio of 109 octane mixed with pump gas, ran a 14.61 @ 95mph, had a 15 mph head wind to drive into. My first time to ever run at the track. Definitely gotta get some tires that will stick so I can up my launch boost. Then put in my 009's and TT chip, upgrade fuel pump and hotwire, then remove the stock cat, and buy me a boost gauge that works. Then see about gettin some 13's.

I had a 2.30 60' leaving on unkown boost(boost guage sticks from 0-10 psi), on 20 year old gatorback tires lol. Comletely stock except for unknown chip that I have to run 1:2 ratio of 109 octane mixed with pump gas, ran a 14.61 @ 95mph, had a 15 mph head wind to drive into. My first time to ever run at the track. Definitely gotta get some tires that will stick so I can up my launch boost. Then put in my 009's and TT chip, upgrade fuel pump and hotwire, then remove the stock cat, and buy me a boost gauge that works. Then see about gettin some 13's.

Everyone has to start somewhere. Get you some sticky tires and see what happens :) .

On a side note, I had a personal best 60 FT of 1.60 at BG during the nationals launching at 15 psi, my best prior to that was a 1.70. Nothing different just a different track.

i got a 1.57 coming out at 0...brakes will not hold boost at line...26"et drags w/h&r bar...than backed it up with a 1.59....:cool:

i got a 1.57 coming out at 0...brakes will not hold boost at line...26"et drags w/h&r bar...than backed it up with a 1.59....:cool:
When I first bought my car, the fuel pump was bad. However, I had a 1.67 60 foot. I was able to hold 5 psi at the line. Since then, I replaced the pump and couldn't hold boost. Car would start to push at 3000 rpm, with 0 boost. I was told I could be rich...contacted Eric for a new chip. He took some fuel out at spool up but I haven't tried it yet. Does anybody else have this problem?

I had this problem with the last set up. Went with a TH-400 and a t-brake...
Problem solved:eek:

drag radials

I'm running 275-50-15 drag radials. Could not leave the line with more than 2 pounds of boost without the tires spinning. Tires were dropped down to 18 psi. I've got a rear HR sway bar and air bags, both at ~ 5 lbs. Any advice, other than getting slicks, to help launch with more boost without spinning? Thanks!

I tried the new chip from Eric and still no boost at 3000 rpm off the line. He said he took 5% fuel out at spool up. I tried turning the fuel pressure down to 32 (line on) and that didn't help. Can it be a bad match between the turbo and torque converter? Does the camshaft have any effect on this? I had 35 psi air in the MT ET Streets but I thought I should still get some boost. Any suggestions?

You're not able to build any boost? Have you checked for a cracked header, or possibly your downpipe puck isn't sealing against the turbo? I think those are typical culprits.

I'll try the S-10 cylinders since that seems to be the popular opinion. I don't think my ATR headers are cracked and and I have an external wastegate so no puck in the down pipe. Thanks for the help though.

Anyone have anything new to report? How is the new two step from Bailey Engineering? New Convertor help your setup?

Please post 60', tire and tire pressures and suspension work if you don't mind.

Is it boost or RPM

Last year I could hold 10# at the line stock D5 best 60 1.9 unknown RPM Next week will return after all new combo 5857 SP cover 206/210 roller Extreme Aut and a Street Edge 2800 stall. this turbo spools like crazy do I flash the convector or leave with all the boost I can hold?

1.51 with a 5# launch. i have 275x60x15 M/T drag radials
ATR rear sway bar, metco (adj) upper's and lower's, air bags with no air in them. best run is in the sig. cant leave at anything higher, brake wont hold but working on that.

Very nice 60 ft times, I'm looking at getting the HR Parts N Stuff Rear Sway Bay as it doesn't bind the lower control arms and keeps the car from twisting.
What's the car run for ET and MPH? At what boost?

With a Bone stock, 80,000mile on OD, GN with only testpipe,Cat-back,ATR Pitbull chip, K&N filter,100 octane Handy Way gas (2.99 gal back in 80's)I've left at 12psi boost with L60 McCeary's (Dirt sprint car tires) on foot brake,On Asphalt!!

(Car ran mid 12's all day at 20-21psi boost at the track with 1.70 shorts only leaving with 5-7psi)

Insane for Stock GN with many miles on it !!

On other note, I 1.60'd one time at the track,same combo above,I was late at the tree,an was in neutral when light came down,I revved it (to 2500 rpm) Noticed i was in Neutral an slapped it into O.D. (Neutral drop)

Worked Great but highly not recommended!!

Last note, You can use the E-Brake as a poor-mans trans-brake.

But Hold On!!!! LOL

Enjoy!

Almost 5 years since I started this thread, and I have only dropped 2 tenths off mine. Personal best 60' of 1.50. I don't take it to the track often enough to do any suspension tuning. I know I need to work on my instant center, can't find an online calculator for it. Anyone got a link for one?

UMI adjustable uppers
UMI non-adjustable tubular lowers
Hellwig rear sway bar
QA1 single adjustable shocks on all 4 corners

Personal best so far is a 10.40@132 with a 1.66 60' on 93 octane and alky.