Bradenton Racing Event Questions & Comments

Spread the word, people..this should be a good time! With the TSM class running at Bradenton, Reynolds, and the Nats, maybe them steenkin' Northerners won't win it this year. :cool:

Re: Bradenton Racing Event

Originally posted by Jesse
The event will be done in Brackit style racing.

Class 3 13.00 and up
Class 2 12.00 to 12.99
Class 1 11.00 to 11.99
Stage Class 9.99 and down

Uh, so where do the 10-second cars fit into the brackets if they are not running TSM? ;)

Sounds great..

This sounds like it is going to be a blast. Thanks for organizing this event and if you need any other help, please feel free to contact me. :)

Has anyone looked up hotel information and all the good stuff??

-Alex

Jesse, I know that you are busy on getting this info out, but what about lodging. Jr.

Originally posted by JRGN
Jesse, I know that you are busy on getting this info out, but what about lodging. Jr.

Motel 6 (Offical Track Motel)
660 67th Circle E
Bradenton, FL 34208
941-747-6005

Days Inn Interstate 75
644 67th St Circle E
Bradenton, FL 34208
941-746-2505

Comfort Inn
580 66th St Circle E
Bradenton, FL 34208
941-747-7500

Ramada Inn
5218 17th St E
Ellenton, FL 34222
941-729-8505

Shoney's Inn
4915 17th St E
Ellenton, FL 34222
941-729-0600

Days Inn Near the Gulf
3506 First St W
Bradenton, FL 34208
941-746-1141

Holiday Inn
100 Riverfront Dr.
Bradenton, FL 34205
941-747-3727

hope that helps;)

the top three that Louie listed are all closest to the track.About 8-10 miles with few traffic lights,and on the same road as the track.If I remember right they are all a little on the pricey side.The others he listed are "in town" and should be cheaper since they are away from the interstate.Your call,but I usually pony up the big bucks.

Ha..great...we'll have more than 3 buicks at the track..that would be wonderful :rolleyes:

Looking forward to showing a lot of you guys my tail lights :D

Ohh FWIW..just a little insider..sshhhh..they dont care bout roll bars on 11 second cars..

They did ask me for my jacket yesterday tho :D

See ya'll there..

We really need to get a group rate on a hotel so that we can all be in the same place.

If not, try priceline.com. The wife always goes there when we go to Disney/Universal (we have annual passes) or even if we just stay local in Ft. Lauderdale, and she gets us rooms at four star hotels like Hilton, Mariot and Sheraton for $40 - $50 / night.

Motel 6...

$61.99 w/AAA discount (booked), Comfort Inn, $72.96 (2 rooms left) not too much parking for trailered cars.

Motel 6 is a little bad for parking.The comfort Inn has a nice field right next to the hotel for parking.There is also a Holiday Inn that's in the same circle of hotels there.The Holiday Inn also has plenty of parking and is pretty big.Don't have the number for that one though.

Can I come play too??
We will be looking for you Chuck.
Jesse, what stage cars are coming that you know of??

Gary Harmon , Cal Hartline , Willard Brown , Bill fom Champion , Jack Cotton , Dave Wicks (if completed) , Dave & Marky Mark ,
I was told maybe Dave Fiscus , 2 more I forgot the names

Thanks Louie for the Hotel list.

So its 50 bucks at the gate... Not to sound cheap... wouldnt it promote more street cars in the event if less were charged..and bring in more cars.Possibly for the trophy's charge a little more..those that "just wanna run" get a better deal..prepay..etc..

Would suck to only get 20-30 cars..that wont cover Bradenton fees for the track rental.

My local car club just rented out the track this past weekend.We had 70 cars racing and no lines all day..I actually got 12 runs in :)

We need a place for the big dogs to shine..you know who you are :D

But the little guys also need a little loving..lets promote more turbo cars at the track running not spectating..

TSM notes

For those of you that want to run TSM, there is no additional charge to enter. You will be running for a trophy that Jesse is putting up for the winner.

If however, you want to have the option of cash payouts, then TSM racers need to register for the point series. Last year we paid $150 to the registered racer that finishes the highest and $75 to the second highest. You can register by clicking on the Registration link on the TSM Point Series website. Cost is $50 which allows you to collect points at all of the six TSM races. Your three (3) best showings also count toward the year-end payouts that are in addition to the per-race payouts. Full details are on the website listed above.

bradenton meet

I can help with area info. Just e-mail me
Herb Pattison/Bradenton
87 type limited